Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BetsyRoss

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BetsyRoss

Betsyross, your avatar reminded me of something.

On Hannity's America, Sean asked ADULTS who Betsy Ross was and what did she do. These people had no clue who she was and I can say I was appalled. That is un-American. They fly the American flag but do not know the history of it? That is shameful. My 6 yr old answered some of Sean Hannity's questions and she said, "Mommy, that is bad, they should know this". She was also referring to pictures of people, from our President to other political figures. She knew who the First Lady was and some of those adults didn't. That is a disgrace to this Country.

I do have to say we have a little supporter for ALIPAC in our household!
    He ain't heavy, he's my Brother
    Â*http://www.alsa.org/

Re: BetsyRoss

Quote Originally Posted by peladac

On Hannity's America, Sean asked ADULTS who Betsy Ross was and what did she do. These people had no clue who she was and I can say I was appalled. That is un-American. They fly the American flag but do not know the history of it? That is shameful. My 6 yr old answered some of Sean Hannity's questions and she said, "Mommy, that is bad, they should know this". She was also referring to pictures of people, from our President to other political figures. She knew who the First Lady was and some of those adults didn't. That is a disgrace to this Country.

Good girl and a personality to boot!! thats great! We have enough stuffy people in this world, a sense of humor helps other people smile and laugh and this country needs more of that!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

It IS shameful. I have friends that I went to school with that don't know either, and further more they don't care. It sickens me.

This unfortunately is the second front in our efforts against illegal immigration, apathy and ignorance of our own citizens.

Re: BetsyRoss

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Quote Originally Posted by peladac

Good girl and a personality to boot!! thats great! We have enough stuffy people in this world, a sense of humor helps other people smile and laugh and this country needs more of that!!
    Oh yes the personality. Thanks. This little girl hears and sees how illegals treat us and how some Americans do not know simple facts from the flag to the Whitehouse, something that they should know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagmar
    It IS shameful. I have friends that I went to school with that don't know either, and further more they don't care. It sickens me.

This unfortunately is the second front in our efforts against illegal immigration, apathy and ignorance of our own citizens.
    I guess when America has turned into a poor Country then they will realize how their stupidity or carelessness got us there in the first place.

Nah, that's giving them too much credit, they'll just blame the very people that have tried to stop it.

Kind of makes you wonder just what the schools are teaching the kids today. Do you think they are teaching anything about patriotism??
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Kind of makes you wonder just what the schools are teaching the kids today. Do you think they are teaching anything about patriotism??
    That's the scary thing, one of these friends is a school teacher and she thinks I'm WRONG about illegal immigration. She of course is confusing issues such as legal and illegal immigrants, and racism. She is other wise fairly intelligent, but when it comes to this it's like she's been brain washed. The rest of her family thinks like I do.
    I think part of the issue is that schools get more federal dollars when there are more children in the classrooms. Now I'm all for children going to school even when they are here illegally, how else do we assimilate them (mind you I don't advocate teaching them in their native language)?
    But I think that within the academic community there is this pressure for teachers to tote the line so they will get more funding.
    When you have people that are apathetic about learning and civics teaching; it creates this mess.

Patriotism is really big in my girl's school, thank goodness. There is a box outside of the teacher's room and she mentioned that they need to send "them" back. I guess with my look she felt she should clarify. Apparently they received some social studies books for kindergartners and the school didn't like them.

I then asked her that if ever they are forced to teach them a "different" history or political correctness to let me know. It will be that day that I homeschool. She smiled and said you don't have to worry since we're in the Bible Belt. It's a small school and very patriotic.

Sadly, too many other schools have allowed pc to infiltrate America's schools and change history so as not to offend anyone, or chose to eliminate certain important facts.

http://www.apfn.net/home_school6.htm

They want to do away with tests, banner roll, basically anything that encourages children who thrive to do better, actually do better. They are dumbing down our Country and how are we supposed to fight and preserve America when they have no clue why or what they are fighting.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/200 ... bans_x.htm
    It's hitting every aspect of their lives.

Dumbing down America is the goal. Keep the people ignorant, and you can walk all over them. I monitor my Daughter's curiculum, and have had run-ins witrh her revisionist communist teachers in the past. I have had to give a few "teachers" an American History lesson, all-be-it, very paraphrased, and sent them on their way. It's pretty bad when you have to tell an instructor that they have no educated clue about their Nations History.

I actually enjoy myself when doing this, as the end result is usually "the Soutpark Stare". The so-called teachers are usually dumbfounded, and have told me later on, that I should be an American History Instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    Dumbing down America is the goal. Keep the people ignorant, and you can walk all over them. I monitor my Daughter's curiculum, and have had run-ins witrh her revisionist communist teachers in the past. I have had to give a few "teachers" an American History lesson, all-be-it, very paraphrased, and sent them on their way. It's pretty bad when you have to tell an instructor that they have no educated clue about their Nations History.

I actually enjoy myself when doing this, as the end result is usually "the Soutpark Stare". The so-called teachers are usually dumbfounded, and have told me later on, that I should be an American History Instructor.
    Good for you! So far I haven't had to do that yet, but won't hesitate!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast