Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

BEWARE: AZ SB 1308 MAY NOT BE WHAT IT APPEARS

Posted by jamesw62 Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:42 am: http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 8&start=25
    SENATE BILL 1308

Introduced by Senators Gould, Gray, Pearce R: Biggs, Bundgaard, Klein, Melvin, Murphy, Shooter, Smith; Representative Harper

AN ACT

amending title 36, chapter 3, Arizona Revised Statutes, by adding article 6; relating to the interstate birth certificate commission.

Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Arizona:

Section 1. Title 36, chapter 3, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended by adding article 6, to read:

ARTICLE 6. INTERSTATE BIRTH CERTIFICATE COMPACT

START_STATUTE36-361. Adoption of compact; text of compact

The governor is authorized and directed to enter into a compact on behalf of this state with any of the United States lawfully joined in the compact in a form substantially as follows:

ARTICLE I

Findings and declaration of policy

It is the purpose of this compact through the joint and cooperative action among the party states to make a distinction in the birth certificates, certifications of live birth or other birth records issued in the party states between a person born in the party state who is born subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and a person who is not born subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. A person who is born subject to the jurisdiction of the United States is a natural born United States citizen.

ARTICLE II

Definition

As used in this compact, "subject to the jurisdiction of the United States" has the meaning that it bears in section 1 of the fourteenth amendment to the United States Constitution, namely that the person is a child of at least ONE parent who owes no allegiance to any foreign sovereignty, or a child without citizenship or nationality in any foreign country. For the purposes of this compact a person who owes no allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is a United States citizen or national, or an immigrant accorded the privilege of residing permanently in the united states, or a person without nationality in any foreign country.

TEXT OF BILL: http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp ... b1308p.htm

http://www.azleg.gov/DocumentsForBill.a ... ion_ID=102

ARTICLE III, HOWEVER, DEFINES A NATURAL BORN CITIZEN:
    ARTICLE III

Terms

Notwithstanding any state or federal law to the contrary, each party state shall make a distinction in the birth certificates, certifications of live birth or other birth records issued in the party states, between a person born in the party state who is born subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and a person who is not born subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. A person who is born subject to the jurisdiction of the United States is a NATURAL BORN UNITED STATES CITIZEN.

BEWARE: Arizona Senate Bill 1308 Defines Dual Citizens As Natural Born Citizens.

Arizona Senate Bill 1308 passed out of committee yesterday by an 8-5 vote. This bill is a cleverly disguised attempt to protect President Obama from eligibility scrutiny. It does this by declaring persons born with dual citizenship as natural born citizens. But it does this in a very sneaky manner.

That’s right. Arizona has now passed out of committee a bill which states that persons born with dual citizenship are natural born citizens of the United States. This same bill is being considered by all states party to the compact.

So infamous congratulations to the 8 votes in Arizona who passed this unconstitutional bill to the full Senate floor. They’ve just declared those born as dual citizens eligible to be Commander In Chief of the US Armed Forces.

The Arizona Republic completely failed to mention this incredible turn of events in their report:

“Late Tuesday, the committee advanced two of the bills, becoming the first state legislative committee in the nation to pass legislation intended to challenge the practice of granting citizenship to children born in the U.S. to illegal immigrants.

Committee members voted 8-5 to approve a controversial package of bills, which would challenge the 14th Amendment interpretation about citizenship.â€

"One POTUS for 2 more years or millions of Anchor Babies!"

"Wow! this is a hard one, he's been screwing us for 2yrs. and Anchor Babies been screwin' us for the past 30 years, wait I think I got it, ah! ah! "POTUS!"

"Did I get it right?"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer

"Wow! this is a hard one, he's been screwing us for 2yrs. and Anchor Babies been screwin' us for the past 30 years, wait I think I got it, ah! ah! "POTUS!"

"Did I get it right?"
    Yes...you did get it right! But someone will have to explain to me how passing legislation in one state will help obama in 2012 when he runs again. This is only one state, what about the other 49 states? So he meets the definition of eligibility in Arizona under 1308, but what about the other 49 states? What about the Constitution (silly question I know)?

The Full Faith and Credit Clause Article IV, Section 1 of the United States Constitution, would not compel other states to recognize 1308 when comnsidering elgibility in their respective states.

If 1308 passes, it will only be in affect in Arizona, (until it's challenged in court) not the other 49 states.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer

"Did I get it right?"
    Close, but no cigar, Steve....

[quote]The 14th Amendment – by its very own text – defines who are “citizensâ€

Re: BEWARE: AZ SB 1308 MAY NOT BE WHAT IT APPEARS

[quote="AZres"]This so called “compactâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Simple solution is When the brat tries to be declared he or she is a citizen and that one parent is legal. then find out who is illegal and deport that person onthe spot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    If 1308 passes, it will only be in affect in Arizona, (until it's challenged in court) not the other 49 states.
    It's an INTERSTATE COMPACT which means it will be pushed by many other states.

Just a simple question. If the bill covers both the true intent of the 14th and the natural born citizen, then considering that the bill if passed would be challenged and make its way to the higher courts, would not the courts have to approach both issues of the bill. Not just the intent of the 14th, but the natural born citizen clause as well.

Is this a clever way of demanding a thorough interpretation from the courts?

Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by AZres
    Close, but no cigar, Steve....
    "Children born with one US parent isn't the real problem here, children born to parents who both parents are from somewhere else is the big problem!" And any kid born to a US citizen should be a citizen, children born to foreign diplomats however should not be granted citizenship!

Banned
    stevetheroofer wrote:

"Did I get it right?"
    How about neither? Or do you think Obama should be considered a natural born citizen and thus eligible to be our president?
    When I read this article last Friday, I immediately emailed my state senator, Ron Gould, and expressed my concerns over the wording of this bill. "A person who is born subject to the jurisdiction of the United States is a natural born United States citizen." I urged him to reword this statement and correct this definition.

NoBueno wrote:
    But someone will have to explain to me how passing legislation in one state will help obama in 2012 when he runs again. This is only one state, what about the other 49 states? So he meets the definition of eligibility in Arizona under 1308, but what about the other 49 states?
    The bill says "ARTICLE 6. INTERSTATE BIRTH CERTIFICATE COMPACT

START_STATUTE36-361. Adoption of compact; text of compact

The governor is authorized and directed to enter into a compact on behalf of this state with any of the United States lawfully joined in the compact in a form substantially as follows:"

This is intended to be a compact between states (no, I don't know who else will be joining it) and not just an Arizona law.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast