Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #1
    Administrator ALIPAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Gheen, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    66,398

    Bible Hate Crime? Wake Teacher Suspended Over Facebook Posts

    Wake Teacher Suspended Over Facebook Posts

    Written by Patrick Johnson
    NCNN


    (APEX) - A middle school teacher in Apex has been suspended after writing negative comments on her Facebook page.
    Melissa Hussain is an eighth-grade teacher at West Lake Middle School. Her comments included criticism of the Bible, Southern Culture, and her students. Parents discovered Hussain had written it was a hate crime for students to leave a Bible on her desk. Wake County schools spokesman Greg Thomas says parents objected to comments on Hussain's page.

    "The facebook page included comments from friends calling the students 'bigoted and stupid,'" NCNN reporter Mike Raley reports. "Hussain has been suspended with pay pending a full investigation."

    Hussain wrote that she would punish students who anonymously left a Bible on her desk.

    Hussain's Facebook page does not mention her religious affiliation.

    http://www.ncnn.com/content/view/5503/26/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

  2. #2
    Administrator ALIPAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Gheen, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    66,398
    This is another loud warning to all Americans that the enemies of America, the enemies of freedom, and those that feel hostility towards our children are being positioned in our midst!

    The anti American and anti Christian sentiments displayed by this woman are indicative of the attitudes being promoted by the corporate and liberal elites that are setting up "Hate Crime" laws through their groups like the SPLC and ADL.

    Their goals are not about equality. Their goals are about replacing Christian Americans and traditional Americans in our own nation.

    We have no national security when a woman like this finds her way to the front of a classroom alone with our children.

    In this case, we are lucky in the fact she lacked the self control to hide her animus towards Christians, America, and our children.

    God help us with all the others that conceal their hatred for us and our children that will execute their hatred in less detectable ways or at a time when we are weakest as a community or nation.


    William Gheen
    President of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    597
    She ought to be fired, and her teaching certificate revoked!

    There are some peoples and cultures that are simply not compatible with this nation, and it is to our detriment that we fail to address it.

    I hope the parents are screaming about this right now.
    <div>
    </div>

  4. #4
    Senior Member Hylander_1314's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Grant Township Mi
    Posts
    3,473
    We need these kinda people like we need a hole in the head. These are dispicable types who only wish to destroy our Republic.

  5. #5
    Senior Member GaPatriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    879
    My grandchildren live in Apex. It was, I thought, a picturesque Mount Airy type of small town.

    Disgraceful.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    571

    What?

    I thought we had freedom of speech in this country.

    What is really going on here?

    It looks like some kids, probably pumped up by their parents, decided to try and shove their particular religion down this teacher's throat.

    A bible has no place in the classroom, just like a q'uoran has no place in a classroom, or any other religious book. Open the door for one, you get them all. Our Founding Father were certainly smart when they established the concept of separation of church and state.

    The teacher seems to have had an extremely childish reaction, and lashed out. What she should have done was to explain to the kids the greatness of our Constitution that allows for freedom of religion and for the separation of church and state.

    I would suspect this is exactly the reaction the religious zealots wanted to provoke, so they could get rid of a teacher whose beliefs did not mirror their own.

    It would be interesting to know if this teacher is a humanist, or a wiccan, or Jewish, or Hindu or Buddist, or whatever.

    I would not be in the least surprised if this does not end up in a lawsuit with the teacher claiming her religous freedom and free speech rights were violated.

    Why cannot people just let other people live their lives without interference?
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TEXAS - The Lone Star State
    Posts
    16,941
    Quote Originally Posted by GaPatriot
    My grandchildren live in Apex. It was, I thought, a picturesque Mount Airy type of small town.

    Disgraceful.
    i think i would be placing a call and finding out if they had this woman for a teacher

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    597

    Re: What?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bettybb
    I thought we had freedom of speech in this country.

    What is really going on here?

    It looks like some kids, probably pumped up by their parents, decided to try and shove their particular religion down this teacher's throat.

    A bible has no place in the classroom, just like a q'uoran has no place in a classroom, or any other religious book. Open the door for one, you get them all. Our Founding Father were certainly smart when they established the concept of separation of church and state.

    The teacher seems to have had an extremely childish reaction, and lashed out. What she should have done was to explain to the kids the greatness of our Constitution that allows for freedom of religion and for the separation of church and state.

    I would suspect this is exactly the reaction the religious zealots wanted to provoke, so they could get rid of a teacher whose beliefs did not mirror their own.

    It would be interesting to know if this teacher is a humanist, or a wiccan, or Jewish, or Hindu or Buddist, or whatever.

    I would not be in the least surprised if this does not end up in a lawsuit with the teacher claiming her religous freedom and free speech rights were violated.

    Why cannot people just let other people live their lives without interference?
    You're splitting hairs here. Freedom of speech does not come into play with this incident. Professional behavior and responsibility however, do. What teacher would denigrate her students in such a way? A really, really bad one at best; a danger to our children that must be excised at worst.

    What is really going on here, you ask? At first sight, and by the woman's sirname, the logical assumption is that she is probably a muslim. Muslims have made it no secret that they despise us and aspire to destroy us, it is their religious conviction to do so. If all took was a bible on her desk to incite her, my assumption is probably correct, as a reasonable person would have explained to the child that the book had no place in the classroom, and would have respectfully requested it not be brought in again. In this case, I'd say the reaction of the school district was pretty mild.

    We cannot allow our enemies to kill us with our own kindness, or box us in with our own laws, for if we do, then our laws are utterly useless. Perhaps that is what they set out to prove? Rhetorical question.

    No, I think she needs to be fired and her teaching certificate revoked. The parents should be screaming bloody murder and demanding their children be removed from her classroom if she remains employed in the district.
    <div>
    </div>

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    410

    Re: What?

    Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettybb
    I thought we had freedom of speech in this country.

    What is really going on here?

    It looks like some kids, probably pumped up by their parents, decided to try and shove their particular religion down this teacher's throat.

    A bible has no place in the classroom, just like a q'uoran has no place in a classroom, or any other religious book. Open the door for one, you get them all. Our Founding Father were certainly smart when they established the concept of separation of church and state.

    The teacher seems to have had an extremely childish reaction, and lashed out. What she should have done was to explain to the kids the greatness of our Constitution that allows for freedom of religion and for the separation of church and state.

    I would suspect this is exactly the reaction the religious zealots wanted to provoke, so they could get rid of a teacher whose beliefs did not mirror their own.

    It would be interesting to know if this teacher is a humanist, or a wiccan, or Jewish, or Hindu or Buddist, or whatever.

    I would not be in the least surprised if this does not end up in a lawsuit with the teacher claiming her religous freedom and free speech rights were violated.

    Why cannot people just let other people live their lives without interference?
    You're splitting hairs here. Freedom of speech does not come into play with this incident. Professional behavior and responsibility however, do. What teacher would denigrate her students in such a way? A really, really bad one at best; a danger to our children that must be excised at worst.

    What is really going on here, you ask? At first sight, and by the woman's sirname, the logical assumption is that she is probably a muslim. Muslims have made it no secret that they despise us and aspire to destroy us, it is their religious conviction to do so. If all took was a bible on her desk to incite her, my assumption is probably correct, as a reasonable person would have explained to the child that the book had no place in the classroom, and would have respectfully requested it not be brought in again. In this case, I'd say the reaction of the school district was pretty mild.

    We cannot allow our enemies to kill us with our own kindness, or box us in with our own laws, for if we do, then our laws are utterly useless. Perhaps that is what they set out to prove? Rhetorical question.

    No, I think she needs to be fired and her teaching certificate revoked. The parents should be screaming bloody murder and demanding their children be removed from her classroom if she remains employed in the district.
    The only thing I agree with is that the teacher should not have talked about her job on Facebook. To me, that is a punishable offense.

    However, Bettybb is right on the mark. I can see that you are a christian, and are threatened by another religion. It is that viewpoint that has led to the deaths of MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people since religion was invented (yes, religion was invented by man, not God). Your judgement (matthew 1:1 "judge not lest ye be judged) of other people's ideals are frightening to me. I have muslim friends, and I can assure you, they aren't terrorists. As long as you are going to generalize other religions ONLY because it doesn't fit your faith, I think ALL christians a dumb, ignorant, hypocrites!! See? I can do it too! It doesn't make it true about all christians though, right? I know plenty of good christians that actually don't hate muslims and other religions, and they don't JUDGE me for having differing opinions!! Image that!!

    So Melena, am I going to hell or what? I am being serious here, when I pray tonight, I will to ask God to rid you of the judgement and hate that has allowed to eat away at the beautiful, pure soul that you have. I will pray that He enlightens you, so you will have the same ability to love thy neighbor, because that is all God really wants. He lives in ALL of us, experiencing our loves, our passions, even our fears and sorrows. All of us are connected by God, and to the universe and every being that resides with us within this vast cosmos. The earth is nothing but a tiny rock in a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam of one of TRILLIONS of planets like our own.



    How truly insignificant our wars, religions, and way of life are when looking at that pic, taken by Voyager 1 many years ago. Looking at the universe as a whole should show people that their posturing has no place on this planet.
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    571

    Re: What?

    Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettybb
    I thought we had freedom of speech in this country.

    What is really going on here?

    It looks like some kids, probably pumped up by their parents, decided to try and shove their particular religion down this teacher's throat.

    A bible has no place in the classroom, just like a q'uoran has no place in a classroom, or any other religious book. Open the door for one, you get them all. Our Founding Father were certainly smart when they established the concept of separation of church and state.

    The teacher seems to have had an extremely childish reaction, and lashed out. What she should have done was to explain to the kids the greatness of our Constitution that allows for freedom of religion and for the separation of church and state.

    I would suspect this is exactly the reaction the religious zealots wanted to provoke, so they could get rid of a teacher whose beliefs did not mirror their own.

    It would be interesting to know if this teacher is a humanist, or a wiccan, or Jewish, or Hindu or Buddist, or whatever.

    I would not be in the least surprised if this does not end up in a lawsuit with the teacher claiming her religous freedom and free speech rights were violated.

    Why cannot people just let other people live their lives without interference?
    You're splitting hairs here. Freedom of speech does not come into play with this incident. Professional behavior and responsibility however, do. What teacher would denigrate her students in such a way? A really, really bad one at best; a danger to our children that must be excised at worst.

    What is really going on here, you ask? At first sight, and by the woman's sirname, the logical assumption is that she is probably a muslim. Muslims have made it no secret that they despise us and aspire to destroy us, it is their religious conviction to do so. If all took was a bible on her desk to incite her, my assumption is probably correct, as a reasonable person would have explained to the child that the book had no place in the classroom, and would have respectfully requested it not be brought in again. In this case, I'd say the reaction of the school district was pretty mild.

    We cannot allow our enemies to kill us with our own kindness, or box us in with our own laws, for if we do, then our laws are utterly useless. Perhaps that is what they set out to prove? Rhetorical question.

    No, I think she needs to be fired and her teaching certificate revoked. The parents should be screaming bloody murder and demanding their children be removed from her classroom if she remains employed in the district.


    Your argument appears to be that Islam is bad, Christianity is good, so it is okay for Muslims to be persecuted in America.

    I don’t agree.

    Let us presume she is a Muslim in a predominately Christian community.

    The local community does not like her religion. Heck, I also think Islam is an appalling religion, but that does not give me the right behave badly, and ignore the founding principles of our nation.

    That is what it appears the local community did. They decided to shove their Christianity down her throat. Note, these kids did not hand her a bible, they put it on her desk anonymously. It sure looks like it was meant as an insult.

    Think of it this way. What would your reaction be if these kids had arrived at their desk on morning to find a q’uoran anonymously on their seats? Hmmm… Pretty nasty isn’t it?

    You cannot put too much blame on the kids. They are too young to know better. As I pointed out, the teacher should have used it to teach the principles of our Constitution, like freedom of religion and separation of church and state. This teacher overreacted to the kid’s basic nastiness. It seems you agree.

    Then what happened?

    The teacher posted some comments on Facebook. That is where we get the free speech issue. She criticized the bible. So what? In your post you criticize Islam. She is entitled to express her opinion. That’s free speech.

    She criticized Southern Culture. So what. In America we criticize everything and everyone all the time. That’s free speech.

    She said that the kids putting the bible on her desk was a hate crime. So what? That is her opinion. That is free speech. Also, depending on the circumstances, it could be interpreted as constituting a threat. Obviously she thought it was a really, really despicable gesture. Think about the time when people put crosses on the front lawns of black people. We don’t have all the facts (but we probably will learn more when the lawsuit hits), but there is enough of an “odor
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •