Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bilingual Ballots Vote today?!? Action needed

I read this last night on the site, but then couldn't locate it again to bump it up. So sorry if this is a repeat post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Immigration/US Borders
    See other Immigration/US Borders Articles

Title: Bilingual Ballots Vote possible on July 13 & your Rep. needs to hear from you
    Source: ENGLISH FIRST
    URL Source: http://www.EnglishFirst.org
    Published: Jul 13, 2006
    Author: JIM BOULET-Exec. Dir
    Post Date: 2006-07-13 02:02:38 by blackhorse
    Ping List: *Illegal Aliens-Action Alert*
    3 Comments

July 12, 2006 - Bilingual Ballots Vote Possible July 13th Your Representative needs to hear from you now!

The House of Representatives may vote to renew the Voting Rights Act, including its bilingual ballot provisions, as early as Thursday, July 13th.

You may recall that the last time the House leadership attempted to move H.R. 9, they denied any amendments whatsoever. A rebellion among rank-and-file House Republicans forced the leadership to pull the bill from consideration.

As of this moment, there is no agreement as to whether any amendments will be allowed to H.R. 9, should the House leadership seek to try again this Thursday.

What scares me is that the more people who bother to read H.R. 9, a mere twelve pages in length, the less that they agree what this legislation would and would not do if passed in its current form and signed into law.

At a meeting this morning, serious attorneys spent two hours arguing over just one provision of this legislation and could come to no resolution.

My own investigation, which became an article in National Review Online today ("Backward March") http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=Nz ... k0OGQ3YTM= suggests that H.R. 9 will create an unlimited right to multilingual ballots throughout the United States:

Quoting from my article:

Section 5 of H.R. 9 specifically cites the "guarantees set forth in section 4(f)(2)" of the Voting Rights Act for a reason. Section 4(f)(2) states:

No voting qualification or prerequisite to voting, or standard, practice, or procedure shall be imposed or applied by any State or political subdivision to deny or abridge the right of any citizen of the United States to vote because he is a member of a language minority group.

Those states and localities which have managed to avoid the cost of mandatory multilingual voting should be aware that the other side considers requiring people to vote in English to impose a disparate impact upon Limited English Proficient (LEP) voters.

Frankly, if Congress cannot agree about what this bill does, extremist judges will be glad to help. The plain language of H.R. 9 suggests that ANY effort to prevent vote fraud, if it can be argued to impact any minority group, can be blocked by a friendly judge.

As I say in my article:

In short, the Voting Rights Act could now also be known as "The Endless Election Litigation Act," "The Vote Fraud Enabling Act," and "The Mandatory Multilingual Elections Everywhere Act."

What You Can Do:

Please e-mail your Congressman right away and ask him or her to insist upon a vote on the"King-Miller (MI)-Brown Waite-Istook amendment". This amendment would remove the bilingual ballot provisions of H.R. 9. English First will be scoring a vote on this amendment. Alas. the anti-bilingual ballot amendment will only improve a bad bill. Your Congressman should vote against H.R. 9 on final passage. __________ Prepared by English First, 8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102, Springfield, VA 22151 (703) 321-8818 http://www.englishfirst.org
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

News Letter from Team America

Hi, this is Marcus Epstein, the research director at Team America.

Bay usually sends the e-mail, but I just got word of this, and we need
    to
    act fast.

Tomorrow, the House will be voting on the King Amendment to the Voting
    Rights Act, which will strike out provisions requiring states to
    provide
    foreign language ballots. (H.R. 9).

According to our naturalization laws, immigrants need to learn English
    in
    order to gain citizenship, so there should be no reason for these
    foreign
    language ballots. Of course, like our immigration laws, this is not
    enforced.

Of course the usual suspects in the GOP-- Karl Rove, Ken Mehlman, and
    George W. Bush-- are pushing for foreign language ballots.

Tell your representatives to Vote Yes on the King Amendment to Voting
    Rights Act (HR 9) ( house phone #s
    http://www.teamamericapac.org/plainpage ... umbers.htm )

Specifically target these members

https://www.campaigncontribution.com/do ... =2586&db=6

Biggert
    Blunt
    Boehlert
    Bono
    Calvert
    Capito,
    Chabot
    Cole (OK)
    Davis, Tom,
    Dent
    Ehlers
    English (PA)
    Ferguson
    Fitzpatrick (PA)
    Flake
    Forbes
    Frelinghuysen
    Gilchrest
    Green (WI)
    Hastings (WA)
    Hyde
    Johnson, Sam
    Kirk
    Knollenberg
    Kolbe
    Kuhl (NY)
    LaHood
    LaTourette
    Lewis (CA)
    LoBiondo
    Lungren
    McCaul (TX)
    Nunes
    Osborne
    Oxley
    Pearce
    Pence
    Petri
    Ramstad
    Regula
    Reichert
    Renzi
    Ros-Lehtinen
    Ryan (WI)
    Sanders
    Saxton
    Sensenbrenner
    Sessions
    Shadegg
    Shays
    Simmons
    Simpson
    Smith (NJ)
    Sweeney
    Thomas
    Walsh
    Weller
    Wilson (NM)
    Wolf
    Young (AK)

Thanks

Marcus Epstein

to contribute to Team America, go to
    https://www.campaigncontribution.com/do ... =2586&db=6

Sent my email
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Called my US Rep. C'mon, just do it - email, call, fax - or, best of all, pay a personal visit to your local Rep's office.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DONE

just so im clear (i apologize, didn't get much sleep last night and im groggy), if I live in California,I can only contact California representatives, right?

man am i tired.

The site may only let you contact reps based on your zip code, but you can email any reps you like in any state.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Issue presently being debated on floor of US House (from C-Span)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Issue presently being debated on floor of US House (from C-Span)
    can you update us?

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith1338
    Sent my email
    did you find links to email them from that site? I can only find numbers (can't call from work at this time)

If I can send e-mails, i'll do it. just show me where to get them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast