Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

To reinforce what artclam was saying, I'm totally against guest worker programs, but if the idiots decide to pass it, then I feel that the majority of guest workers should be from Africa, Asia, and Europe. We should not include a high percentage of peoples from the Americas, because they are the ones who have been predominantly breaking our laws all of this time.

Re: No quotes from Haitians?

Quote Originally Posted by artclam
    Its interesting that although the sign was in little Haiti none of the quotes from people in the neighborhood were Haitians! Haitians (and Africans) are big losers in an amnesty grant. Mexicans are the big winners. Although Haitians have the lowest income in the Americas Mexicans, with the 4th highest income in the Americas, dominate. Shouldn't justice and charity demand that if the USA does need more workers that the poorest (not the wealthier) folks should get priority?
    You gotta love those Republican hypocrites.

They were raising holy hell at the prospect of thousands of Haitians fleeing to the United States during the Duvalier regime, and more recently, short-lived Cedras regime.

But gosh darn it, if millions-not thousands, BUT MILLIONS-of Mexicanos want to come here and trash are country that is a-okay with them!

I'm sorry, but I've never had trouble communicating with someone who came here from Haiti-even if I do here Creole conversations occasionally when I go through The Junction, or visit my older sis, who lives in my family's old neighborhod of Flatbush-however I can't even begin to count the number of times where I've run into a vendor in Sunset Park that didn't speak a word of English.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

SHAPKA
    Ah haa, a flushing kid to a Brooklyn WHIPPER SNAPPER, lol.

After reading your posts over a little time, me thinks you have a photographic memory. hmmmmm?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I think it gives a very negative impression of Miami and the United States," she said. "It's too blunt. I think a lot of people's feeling will be hurt."
    Poor me....sob........ don't you just get sick of hearing this crap??

I like the bumper sticker that says, "IF YOU'RE NOT OUTRAGED, THEN YOU HAVEN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION"

Floridians have shown a stable and fairly positive view toward immigration over the years, said Hugh Gladwin, director of the Institute for Public Opinion Research at Florida International University.

Although conservatives in other immigrant-rich states prefer tighter controls on immigration, Florida's conservatives include many Cuban politicians, who staunchly defend their countrymen's right to come here to escape communism, Gladwin said.

"Anti-immigration is not an issue that's gotten a big foothold in Florida," he said.
    Institute for Public Opinion Research
    Director, Hugh Gladwin
    Biscayne Bay HM 246
    Tel 305-919-5778
    Fax 305-919-5242

gladwin@fiu.edu <gladwin@fiu.edu>
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12