Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Black Americans ARE outraged!

I haven’t been online since Wednesday, and when I read the comments on the thread entitled “Black America! WHY are they not up in arms too!" my initial response (anger) was to simply post a response. I then decided to start this thread in hopes of dispelling the myth that the black community is oblivious or apathetic regarding the illegal immigration issue.

The presumption in the absence of public admonition by Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, that the black community is pro-amnesty, is simply wrong. They DO NOT represent the black community. I will reserve my opinion of them for now.

Many have erred in their assumption that all members of this site are white. Prior to today, I felt that ethnicity at Alipac was irrelevant. I was under the impression that we were all on one accord in our opposition to the amnesty bill and everything it represents. I joined this site as a result of my utter frustration and disgust. I could not sit idly by and watch the country I love being systematically destroyed. I had to do everything within my power to make a difference. I have made countless calls and have sent numerous letters in support of OUR cause.
    And yes, I am black.

I vehemently oppose this bill because it is wrong. It is wrong for AMERICA, and I am an American. I did not say African-American, because I have NEVER referred to myself as such. I AM AN AMERICAN! I am of African (and other) descent, as many here are of Irish, German, French, etc. descent. First and foremost, I am an American. I was born in this country, as were my parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, great-great grandparents, great-great-great grandparents.

I am not an anomaly. There are MANY blacks who share my stance on this issue. All blacks do not share identical backgrounds or ideals, anymore than all whites.

For the record, I have personally contacted the Congressional Black Caucus, Tavis Smiley, Barrack Omaba, Oprah Winfrey, as well as popular urban radio hosts. As of today, I have only received one response - from the CBC, which was their pathetic newsletter.

The MSM erroneously reports support for this bill in the black community, just as they misrepresent polls. I am here to tell you that nothing could be further from the truth. There are both black and white supporters of this bill, and black and white opponents of this bill.

Can we all work together as Americans for America?

I offer the information below in support of my assertion. This is but a small sampling. Remember, our representatives are ignoring ALL opposition voices.

Note the comments section on the first link.

http://www.house.gov:80/htbin/blog_inc? ... tail.shtml

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/LaSh ... mmigration

http://chooseblackamerica.com/hayes.html

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-new ... sts?page=7

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articl ... leID=10967

http://righttruth.typepad.com/right_tru ... aking.html

Please let us know if Oprah answers you....I quit watching her as well as Dr. Phil and other shows...I'm a news junky now!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

MW
    Excellent post, fedupDeb! Thank you.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You go, girl!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for your response. We are ALL in this together!

Re: Black Americans ARE outraged!

Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    Many have erred in their assumption that all members of this site are white. Prior to today, I felt that ethnicity at Alipac was irrelevant. I was under the impression that we were all on one accord in our opposition to the amnesty bill and everything it represents. I joined this site as a result of my utter frustration and disgust. I could not sit idly by and watch the country I love being systematically destroyed. I had to do everything within my power to make a difference. I have made countless calls and have sent numerous letters in support of OUR cause. And yes, I am black.
    FedUpDeb,

I can see why you are upset and I hope you will not let one post that may have missed the mark color your thinking of ALIPAC!

Since I have been here, race has never been an issue.
    For me it has not been assumed that anyone is of any particular race.
    I have asked nor assumed anyones race and no one here has asked or assumed mine.

I think that is how it should be.

This is not a race issue.
    It is an American issue.
    ALL AMERICANS

We must stand together and put petty differences aside or we will have no country and all be homeless together.

I hope you will not be offended.
    I hope your message will remind all of us to consider the impact of our words.

Thanks for posting Deb
    PAF

Excellent post and thanks much for the links.

I AM A TOTAL NEWS JUNKY NOW TOO. I DONT EVEN WATCH ANY TV ANYMORE AT ALL.

ALSO I WANTED TO SAY THAT I KNOW TONS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE AMERICANS OF AFRICAN DECENT WHO ARE TOTALLY ANTI ILLEGAL...AND PRO CLOSE THE BORDER.

BUT THESE ARE INDIVIDUALS AND INDIVIDUALS DONT HAVE THE ADVANTAGE OF MAJOR MEDIA TO AMPLIFY THEIR POSITION.

IT IS REALLY THE ORGS WHO REPRESENT AMERICANS OF AFRICAN DECENT WHO HAVE NOT BEEN VERY OUTSPOKEN ON THIS.

SO IT JUST SEEMS LIKE THERE IS APATHY AMONG THAT PARTICULAR SEGMENT OF THE POPULATION. BUT I DONT THINK THEY ARE APATHETIC AT ALL.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks PAF. I must admit, I was offended by some of the comments. However, it has not changed by opinion of Alipac or the critical work that is being done. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe this subject needed to be addressed.

That's right,

You can be of any decent and STILL be a member of Alipac! Heck, were ALL Americans! And as Americans, we have to protect our land, our people, and OUR FREEDOMS..no Matter of heritage!!!
    Illegals are Illegal..thats why we call them illegals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast