Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Black faith leaders announce campaign goal to strip 25 percent of black vote from Oba

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Black faith leaders announce campaign goal to strip 25 percent of black vote from Oba

Black faith leaders announce campaign goal to strip 25 percent of black vote from Obama

11:38 AM 10/09/2012

Unhappy with President Barack Obama‘s support of same-sex marriage, a group of African-American faith leaders have announced a campaign aimed at stripping 25 percent of the black vote that went to Obama in 2008 (95 percent).

The newly formed nonprofit group, God Said, will begin targeting voters in Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, Wisconsin and Florida with television and radio advertising, as well as a grassroots campaign to encourage people to consider the gospel when they enter the voting booth.

“The black community is among the most religious in America and we are offended that President Obama has announced his support of same-sex marriage, that the NAACP has blindly supported the secular views of the Democratic Party, and that their national platform plainly supports same-sex marriage,” said Apostle Claver Kamau-Imani of RagingElephants.org, and a God Said founder, in a statement. “I am confident that this message will be well received and acted upon on Election Day.”

The group currently has 22 advisory board members and plans to spend an estimated $1 million on the campaign, a spokesperson told TheDC, adding that its message has support among other faith leaders and congregants, including the Coalition of African-American Pastors (CAAP), which has vociferously protested against Obama’s same-sex marriage stance. Some of the CAAP members are on the God Said board.

“During the 2008 elections, 70 percent of African Americans voted to ban same-sex marriage in California while they also voted for Barack Obama for president,” added Dr. Alveda King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and black outreach director of the pro-life Priests for Life. “We fully intend to shift 25 percent of the black vote from the 2008 election by charging every voter to examine each candidate and vote for the one that supports their core belief in natural marriage.”

The group claims their goal is to give voice to black supporters of traditional marriage who feel like they are not represented by the Democratic Party or NAACP. To be sure, a vast majority of African Americans identify as Democratic.

Update: After publication Rev. William Owens, CAAP president, clarified that CAAP is not affiliated with God Said.

“CAAP is a group of pastors and faith leaders dismayed at the President’s support for same-sex marriage. It is an offense to the African-American community especially when he equates gay rights to civil rights. Our organization is not affiliated with the God Said campaign,” he told TheDC in a written statement. “Our effort has been to educate and encourage black voters to abide by their conscience and their faith. We have never advocated for or against any candidate, nor for black Christians to stay home on election day. African Americans have sacrificed and fought too hard for the right to vote.”

Read more: Faith leaders aim to strip 25 percent of black vote from Obama | The Daily Caller

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

E W JACKSON EXODUS NOW

Calls for exodus from the Democratic Party because of the declared war on Christianity and marriage.- Very powerful!!

E.W. Jackson’s Statement on FLAG DAY – June 14, 2012

JACKSON PLEDGES SUPPORT FOR REPUBLICAN NOMINEE.

First let me congratulate George Allen on becoming the Republican Nominee for U.S. Senate in Virginia. As I promised during the primary campaign, he has my full support. We must defeat Tim Kaine and Barack Obama in November. That must now become the quest of every candidate, every Republican and should be the goal of every citizen in Virginia. Our country may not withstand four more years of President Obama’s unconstitutional and job destroying policies. Nor can we afford to have Tim Kaine in the Senate as a cheerleader for Mr. Obama’s policies. In order to defeat them, Republicans must be unified. My colleagues in the Primary also ran spirited campaigns and I commend them: Tim Donner, Jamie Radtke, David McCormick and Del. Bob Marshall.

This race was never about me, but about our Commonwealth and our country. We have a system and a process for making electoral decisions. We have been through that process and the people have made their choice. The matter is settled. The task for all of us who love our country is to put our hands to the plow and assure that we pass along to our posterity a free and prosperous Constitutional Republic. That was the basis of my campaign and it is a cause that I will never abandon.

I want to thank a dedicated team of staff and volunteers especially my leadership team of Greg Aldridge and Chip Tarbutton. They are a great success in my eyes. They took a political novice and made me a credible candidate on the campaign trail. They took meager resources and stretched them to do the nearly miraculous. They took an organization of zero and turned it into an army of thousands. There were far fewer votes than I needed to win the nomination, but enough to create a platform from which to be heard. I will not be silent. I will never give up the fight and neither should any of you.

Other aspects of my life have been on hiatus while I sought to finish the task to which Providence assigned me. I have a wonderfully supportive wife to spend time with, a church to Pastor, a book to finish and a nonprofit organization to run. After some much needed rest, I will turn my attention to these tasks. However, I will also be ready to serve wherever Virginia or my country needs me. Thank you all for your prayers and support, including those who did not vote for me but believed in my potential, encouraged me and gave me your friendship. The kindness of you all is greatly appreciated and your encouragement is not in vain. God bless you, and may He always bless the United States of America.

For God & Country,
    E.W. Jackson

Jackson For Virginia
    Last edited by Newmexican; 10-12-2012 at 02:24 AM.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rabbi Carlos Parker Exodus Now (Spanish)

Rabbi Carlos Parker Exodus Now (English)

Randy Tyler Exodus Now

Watch all of the Speakers at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JacksonforVirginia
    Last edited by Newmexican; 10-12-2012 at 02:32 AM.