Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Black Star News,Now this Is true racisim

Tea-Party And Republicans' Victory Means Back To 1700
    By Colin Benjamin October 20th, 2010 [Speaking Truth To Power]

In two weeks, the American electorate will vote in one of the most politically charged periods in U.S. history.

Given all the vile vitriol of the past two years, the question is: how much is this election colored by prejudice?What proportion of the voting will be over the Obama Administration's policies or legitimate issues?

Many people claim this election is a "referendum" on President Obama’s policies. It's more like it's about pigmentation politics.
    [u]Ever since Barack Obama defied the odds, becoming America’s first African-American president, prejudice has been fermenting across the nation, echoed in the cries of “taking the country back.â€

Wow....so much MIS-information packed into one article. The Koch Bros. get blamed for everything nowadays. Only for one reason, they have money and are Conservatives. Nobody finances the Tea Party. Apparently George Soros pouring millions into the dems and dem organization is of no consequence. Even SNL, famously, called Soros, the "owner of the Democrat Party."

Maybe Al Green, the dem. senate nominee of S.C. is their kind of candidate. Wonder if they think he's a "kook"? Watch the video of his interview with MSNBC and be in "awe."

http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/2010/10/a ... onnell.php

Banned
    goferALIPAC Super Hero Who In the heck are the Koch brothers I have been Involved with many tea-partiers over the past year,and I don't even know who they are

Re: Black Star News,Now this Is true racisim

The truth is white America is fearful of the changing demographics; there's more color on the horizon.
    These racists cannot get past the "color" aspect (hmm, isn't beige a color?) because that's all racists think about, they totally ignore that the majority of the "immigrants of color" (actually non-European illegal aliens) hate Americans, our freedoms, steal from and kill current Americans OF ALL COLORS!! They conviently ignore that in 1920 when the flood of immigrants was European, Americans still shut it down for the same reasons we want it shut off today!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know there are Koch brothers in Wichita Kansas. One of them had won the America's Cup years ago and the sail boat is sitting down by the river in the City of Wichita (museum). The other brother is into oil and gas and ranches(or was) Both are millionaires. I worked for the latter at Koch industries in the 70's at his fiberglass pipe plant
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

It is these guys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koch_Industries
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Koch Industries
    Type Private
    Industry Conglomerate
    Founded 1940
    Headquarters Wichita, Kansas, USA
    Area served Worldwide
    Key people Charles G. Koch (Chairman, CEO, & 42% owner)
    David H. Koch (Executive VP, & 42% owner)
    Products Petroleum
    Chemicals
    Energy
    Asphalt
    Natural gas
    Plastics
    Fibers
    Minerals
    Fertilizers
    Ranching
    Pulp and paper
    Finance
    Commodities trading[1]
    Revenue â–²US$100 billion (2009)[citation needed]
    Employees 80,000 (2009)[1]
    Website Kochind.com
    Koch Industries, Inc. (pronounced /ˈkoʊk/) is an American private energy conglomerate based in Wichita, Kansas, with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading and investments. Koch also owns Invista, Georgia-Pacific, Flint Hill Resources, Koch Pipeline, Koch Petroleum Group, Koch Fertilizer, Koch Engineering, Koch Minerals and Matador Ranching Company.

Koch companies are involved in core industries such as the manufacturing, refining and distribution[1] of petroleum, chemicals, energy, fiber, intermediates and polymers, minerals, fertilizers, pulp and paper, chemical technology equipment, ranching,[2] finance, commodities trading, as well as other ventures and investments.

In 2008, Forbes called it the second largest privately held company in the United States (after Cargill) with an annual revenue of about $98 billion,[3][4][5] down from the largest in 2006. If Koch Industries were a public company in 2007, it would rank about sixteenth in the Fortune 500.[6]

Fred C. Koch, for whom Koch Industries, Inc. is named, co-founded the company in 1940 and developed an innovative crude oil refining process.[7] His sons, Charles G. Koch, chairman of the board and chief executive officer, and David H. Koch, executive vice president, are principal owners of the company. Charles and David Koch each own 42% of Koch Industries, and Charles has stated that the company will publicly offer shares "literally over my dead body".[3]

Koch Industries is also known for its sponsorship of free-market foundations and causes.

http://theweek.com/article/index/206405 ... petmasters
    The billionaire Koch brothers: Tea Party puppetmasters?
    The New Yorker makes a case that a pair of wealthy brothers is the force behind the Tea Party movement. Here, 5 key assertions from a new article
    posted on August 24, 2010, at 3:45 PM

Are the Koch brothers the financial backbone of the Tea Party movement? Photo: Getty SEE ALL 43 PHOTOS
    Best Opinion: New Yorker, Red State, FrumForum

The New Yorker's Jane Mayer has investigated the political funding networks of Charles and David Koch, two of the wealthiest people in America and generous donors to conservative political causes. In her 6,000-word story, Mayer makes a case that the billionaire brothers have funded and fostered the Tea Party movement as a well-disguised means to pursue their private political agenda. The brothers vehemently deny the claim, and Mayer's story has been written off by conservative bloggers as a "coordinated character assassination." Here are some of the key assertions in the article:

The family has a complicated relationship with communism
    The family business, Koch Industries, was built up by the brothers' father, Fred, an "arch-conservative" and member of the staunchly anti-communist (some might say "paranoid") John Birch Society. But, ironically enough, the firm's financial success was built on the back of work done in collaboration with the Soviet government under Stalin in the 1930s, according to Mayer. By the 1950s and '60s, Fred Koch was raising the alarm about communists infiltrating U.S. society and government. In addition to a vast fortune, says Mayer, the Koch boys also inherited their father's "distrust of the U.S. government."

They funded a proto–Tea Party movement
    The brothers' first step into the political arena came in 1980, when they were the key backers of Libertarian Party candidate Ed Clark's run for president, a campaign that "presaged the Tea Party movement." David Koch even became Clark's vice presidential nominee — though this, says Mayer, was mainly to overcome the legal limits on campaign donations. Despite the fact that David "spent more than $2 million on the effort," the ticket received just 1 percent of the vote in the election that made Ronald Reagan president.

The Kochs promote global warming skepticism
    During the 1980s and '90s, the brothers spent more than $100 million creating the "Kochtopus" — a term coined by critics to describe their "network" of ideologically motived organizations. In 2008, Mayer reveals, the three main Koch family foundations gave money to 34 political and policy organizations, many of which promote a skeptical view of global warming. The Kochs, for instance, funded the launch of the libertarian Cato Institute, which has been a fierce opponent of environmental reform. They also have given large sums to the Heritage Foundation and the Independent Women's Foundation, both doubters on the question of man-made climate change.

They are 'waging a war against Obama'
    In 2004, David Koch helped found conservative advocacy group Americans for Prosperity, which Mayer says has been "instrumental in disrupting the Obama presidency." The Kochs' involvement, she writes, has been "intense"; one source even says it is "micromanaged" by the brothers — a charge they deny. "By giving money to 'educate,' fund, and organize Tea Party protesters, [the Kochs] have helped turn their private agenda into a mass movement," says Mayer. FrumForum's Tim Mak, a conservative, treats this with skepticism. "Try telling a [Tea Party] activist that they're an agent of the Koch family!" he says. "The Tea Party just can't be seriously controlled, only educated."

Are there Koch-funded political messages in the Smithsonian?
    David Koch has become a top donor to the arts and sciences in recent years, particularly in his home city of New York. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Lincoln Center, and the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History have all benefited from his largesse. Mayer suggests that those donations might influence the recipient institutions, noting that — much to the frustration of some climate scientists — global warming exhibits in the Smithsonian's David H. Koch Hall of Human Origins "uncannily echo the Koch message." The museum dismisses these charges.

Read the entire article at The New Yorker.

[quote]Many people claim this election is a "referendum" on President Obama’s policies. It's more like it's about pigmentation politics.
    Ever since Barack Obama defied the odds, becoming America’s first African-American president, prejudice has been fermenting across the nation, echoed in the cries of “taking the country back.â€

The Koch Bros. get blamed for everything nowadays. Only for one reason, they have money and are Conservatives.
    Gofer. yeah they are conservative. So much so,that when he had a strike going on in the 70's at one of the refineries he closed the gates and said fine! And flew in new work crews on helicopters.

Banned
    "It was the WHITE VOTE that got this guy into office. "

I'm sorry to say that it is the LAST time you will see a minority elected to this office for a long long time.

Even though I hate dems and libs for their policies I really wanted him to do good , or at least do less harm.

I don't know how he suckered so many people , but he did

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast