Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bleeding Heart: Will children's DREAM ever come true?

Another bleeding heart/IA hugger idiot:
    Will children's DREAM ever come true?

I was recently saddened to learn that the DREAM Act did not receive enough support in the U.S. Senate to continue through the legislative process ("Bill Assisting Children of Immigrants Fails Vote," Oct. 25). The proposed DREAM Act has nothing to do with amnesty but is about giving youth an earned chance at a decent future. This proposed legislation simply would have allowed youth who achieved a specific level of academic success, regardless of the documentation status of their parents, a reasonable opportunity to pursue higher education.

The reality is that today's immigrant children are tomorrow's undocumented residents if the system does not change. Immigrant children, who have grown up here, learned English, attended school and have known no other home. Yet, if they came to this country as a child, they will face the dysfunctional limbo of being outside citizenship in their own country, too.

We have invested in these children: They are our children. So many people say they care about children, and I am left wondering if compassion has an expiration date. Are we willing to sacrifice entire innocent generations while our country is caught up in the midst of reforming a broken and inhumane immigration system?

- Joa LaVille, Marshalltown,
    http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs. ... 38/Opinion
    NOTE: Comments can be left on this nonsense at the above link
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder if she cares that Dustin Inman never got to go to college? Probably not as he was "only" an innocent American child murdered by an illegal alien. She probably has no clue as to who he is and probably would not care.

This bleeding heart writes about the innocent illegals. Sorry-they are not innocent. Dustin Inman and others like him are the innocent victims of illegal aliens. Wake up lady.

What about American Citizens and Legal Residents' DREAM of living in a country without law breaking criminal Illegal aliens???

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    This proposed legislation simply would have allowed youth who achieved a specific level of academic success, regardless of the documentation status of their parents, a reasonable opportunity to pursue higher education.
    I guess she "simply" forgot to mention that it would allow probable citizenship to people up to 30 years old and would allow each one to sponser their families (aka chain migration). That's a big difference from letting a few good students become citizens.

The reality is that today's immigrant children are tomorrow's undocumented residents if the system does not change. Immigrant children, who have grown up here, learned English, attended school and have known no other home. Yet, if they came to this country as a child, they will face the dysfunctional limbo of being outside citizenship in their own country, too.
    Yep...all this is very true. But don't whine to Americans...whine to the parents of these children. THEY are the ones responsible for the situation they put their children in. THEY are the ones who should know better than to drag their children across the border illegally and then subject their children to the consequences of being in this country illegally.

I'm sick and tired of the OBLs whining to Americans about the plight of the illegal imigrants' children. We are not going to help them other than to pay for the families' fare back home (and that's generous enough).
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Now that is some overwrought writing.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

The reality is that today's immigrant children are tomorrow's undocumented residents if the system does not change.
    Wrong again lady. They were ILLEGAL yesterday and they will be ILLEGAL tomorrow as well. In case you haven't noticed, the American people spoken and we do not want to give illegals or their families ANY amnesty.
    American kids deserve a break before any illegal child does.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I would like pro-illegal immigrant supporters to give me the definition of "undocumented" and "illegal immigrant". I hear these words being used as the same and it just makes me want to scream. They came here illegally. They are in this country as an illegal. I guess by using the word undocumented takes the criminal offense away.????

These illegal "children" of illegal alien parents, should not be given the opportunity to stay here and steal away the same opportunities of legal citizens and others who have waited in line for the chance of coming here.

These kids need to blame their parents. WE OWE THEM NOTHING.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We have invested in these children: They are our children. So many people say they care about children, and I am left wondering if compassion has an expiration date. Are we willing to sacrifice entire innocent generations while our country is caught up in the midst of reforming a broken and inhumane immigration system?

Oh cry me a river!

Yes, the U.S. taxpayers have paid hundreds of millions, perhaps billions for the K-12 education of illegal aliens. These are funds that should have and could have benefited OUR children. They are NOT our children! They are the children of people who have no legal right to be in our country. Furthermore, many of these 'children' are actually in their twenties, and are therefore adults responsible for their own actions.

We are not sacrificing a generation. Their parents are the culprits. I'm so sick of bleeding hearts who have compassion for illegals yet show only contempt for legal citizens of this country.

The vast majority of Dreamies have no love or loyalty for our country. They are NOT Americans, and we should not continue to be burdened by their presence in this country. They need to take the education they have received and return to their countries of origin, or relocate to another country. I really don't care where they go. I simply want them out of OUR country.