Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bloody Pig's Foot Sent to Rep. Peter King

Bloody pig's foot sent to Rep. Peter King:

April 4, 2011 5:57 PM

Posted by Brian Montopoli

113 comments.

Updated 6:20 p.m. Eastern Time

Authorities intercepted a parcel this morning addressed to Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) containing a bloody pig's foot and a derogatory message, a source has confirmed to CBS News.

The parcel was intercepted at the Congressional mail facility in Landover, Maryland, where mail sent to lawmakers is screened for security risks.

The U.S. Capitol Police and U.S. Postal Service confirmed that there is an open investigation, though would not confirm the details of what was contained in the parcel because the investigation is ongoing. King's office, which did not see the parcel, referred all questions to the Capitol Police.

According to the Postal Service, a hazardous materials response team tested the parcel and found it to be non-hazardous.

Last month, King held hearings on radicalization in the Muslim-American community that critics suggested unfairly targeted Muslims, though it's not known whether this incident is related to those hearings. Muslims are forbidden from eating pork products.

Ibrahim Hooper, National Communications Director for the Council on American-Islamic Relations - a target of King's hearings - said he found the situation confusing. He said his organization regularly receives pig-themed hate messages, including letters smeared with bacon.

"My guess is it was an anti-Muslim bigot, and bigots not being brain surgeons they probably got their signals crossed," he said.

UPDATE: A source on Capitol Hill told NBC News that the note "contained anti-Semitic ramblings" and referenced the radicalization hearings. King is Roman Catholic.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/bloody- ... 110404-apx
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

this is dusgusting that someone would do something so IDIOTIC as this

"My guess is it was an anti-Muslim bigot, and bigots not being brain surgeons they probably got their signals crossed," he said.
    This BS is exceptionally offensive to me! If an "INFIDEL" talked this way about Muslims there would be screaming heard all across the world, and probably ensuing violence like the Koran burning. But since it's a Muslim talking this way about US in OUR Country nobody's gonna utter the word boo.

disgusting simply disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by nomas

This BS is exceptionally offensive to me! If an "INFIDEL" talked this way about Muslims there would be screaming heard all across the world, and probably ensuing violence like the Koran burning. But since it's a Muslim talking this way about US in OUR Country nobody's gonna utter the word boo.

disgusting simply disgusting
    Agreed, nomas. My guess is that it was a set-up sent by a Muslim symapthizer wanting to fan the flames of hate for Americans.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "