Thread: BLOWING SMOKE

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BLOWING SMOKE

You can only eat an elephant ...one bite at a time. So I thought if I could start at my local level I could find out why in my small town in GA there are so many many illegals. The once a week paper lists all those that have broken the law and brought before the Judge. The crimes committed mostly by illegals are driving without a license, domestic abuse, and alcohol related crimes. When the Judge fines them they are then turned loose again and out of the courthouse they skip...back into their cars, with their interpreters. Immigration is not summoned....why I asked. The courthouse spokesperson said they were mandated by State Law. Could someone please tell me what law is that?? Uninsured, unlicensed drivers are, with knowledge of our justice system, being released back on our streets to repeat if not kill someone.
    I implore all of you to call your local courthouses and ask what each of them is doing in this same situation.
    Like Imus ....if enough people roar ....someone may listen and stop Blowing Smoke ?

Welcome to ALIPAC, Kingston. I'd go after the bigger dogs, like your state reps and senators. Many of these towns will pass the buck, as will some legislators, by saying it is a state issue, or a federal issue...blah, blah, blah!!! In any case, you might want to wear a gas mask because there is a lot of smoke to go around on this issue!
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Welcome Kingston.

This will get you started. Check your Local Ordinances, and State Laws concerning these issues. They are not very difficult to understand. They are usually very poinient.

FEDERAL IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY ACT

Excerpts: Section 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(b)(iii)

"Any person who . . . encourages or induces an illegal alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each illegal alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."

Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A): A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he: • assists an illegal alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or • encourages that illegal alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or • knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions. Penalties upon conviction include criminal fines, imprisonment, and forfeiture of vehicles and real property used to commit the crime. Anyone employing or contracting with an illegal alien without verifying his or her work authorization status is guilty of a misdemeanor. Aliens and employers violating immigration laws are subject to arrest, detention, and seizure of their vehicles or property. In addition, individuals or entities who engage in racketeering enterprises that commit (or conspire to commit) immigration-related felonies are subject to private civil suits for treble damages and injunctive relief. Recruitment and Employment of Illegal Aliens It is unlawful to hire an alien, to recruit an alien, or to refer an
    illegal alien for a fee, knowing the illegal alien is unauthorized to work in the United States. It is equally unlawful to continue to employ an illegal alien knowing that the illegal alien is unauthorized to work. It is unlawful to hire any individual for employment in the United States without complying with employment eligibility verification requirements. Requirements include examination of identity documents and completion of Form I-9 for every employee hired. Employers must retain all I-9s, and, with three days' advance notice, the forms must be made available for inspection. Employment includes any service or labor performed for any type of remuneration within the United States, with the exception of sporadic domestic service by an individual in a private home. "Day laborers" or other casual workers engaged in any compensated activity (with the above exception) are employees for purposes of immigration law. An employer includes an agent or anyone acting directly or indirectly in the interest of the employer. For purposes of verification of authorization to work, employer also means an independent contractor, or a contractor other than the person using the illegal alien labor.

Quote:
    .S. Code Title 8 -- Aliens and Nationality
    CHAPTER 12--IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY
    SUBCHAPTER II--IMMIGRATION
    Part IX--Miscellaneous
    Sec. 1373. Communication between government agencies and the Immigration and Naturalization Service

(a) In general Notwithstanding any other provision of Federal, State, or local law, a Federal, State, or local government entity or official may not prohibit, or in any way restrict, any government entity or official from sending to, or receiving from, the Immigration and Naturalization Service information regarding the citizenship or immigration status, lawful or unlawful, of any individual.

(b) Additional authority of government entities Notwithstanding any other provision of Federal, State, or local law, no person or agency may prohibit, or in any way restrict, a Federal, State, or local government entity from doing any of the following with respect to information regarding the immigration status, lawful or unlawful, of any individual:

(1) Sending such information to, or requesting or receiving such information from, the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
    (2) Maintaining such information.
    (3) Exchanging such information with any other Federal, State, or local government entity.
    (c) Obligation to respond to inquiries

The Immigration and Naturalization Service shall respond to an inquiry by a Federal, State, or local government agency, seeking to verify or ascertain the citizenship or immigration status of any individual within the jurisdiction of the agency for any purpose authorized by law, by providing the requested verification or status information.
    (Pub. L. 104-208, div. C, title VI, Sec. 642, Sept. 30, 1996,110 Stat. 3009-707.)