Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Border Being Talked About Regarding Terrorists

I am hearing a lot of talk on TV about who has probably crossed the borders into the U.S.

They are worried that we might have terrorists here as a result of the borders being opened, including Hezbollah.

This is no surprise, we've heard it before, however I have a feeling that the Middle East situation could get those borders VERY SECURED VERY FAST.

What do you guys think ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As J.d. Hayworth says in his book, "Whatever It Takes"! to get the job done.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I just read an article somewhere about that but it was wanting more pressure on Canada with no mention of Mexico.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

.S. Pushes Canada on Border Vigilance
    By BETH DUFF-BROWN, Associated Press Writer
    Tue Jul 18, 7:18 PM

TORONTO - The heads of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the FBI were in Canada Tuesday, lecturing on the need to remain vigilant in joint efforts to fight terrorism and negotiating steps to tighten border security.

FBI Director Robert Mueller, in Toronto to address an international conference of the FBI National Academy Associates, told a news conference it was critical not to become complacent to the threat of terrorism, despite the lack of a major attack post Sept. 11.

"It's absolutely essential in this day and age _ when the terrorists can use modern communication, modern travel, the Internet _ that we have the ability to exchange information on threats swiftly," Mueller said. "If we do not, then we will see another such attack and that's the last thing that any of us want."

He said terror suspects were highly active worldwide and the Internet was making it easier and faster for them to communicate. He praised Canada for its sting operation last month, which led to the arrest of 17 Canadians on terror-related charges.

In Edmonton, the provincial capital of western Alberta, Homeland Security chief Michael Chertoff told a conference on trade relations that draft regulations for border crossings between Canada and the United States could be introduced by the end of the year.

He indicated that passports may not become mandatory for Canadians attempting to cross the border. The Bush administration said last year that passports were necessary to curb criminals and potential terrorists from gaining access to the United States via Canada and Mexico.

But Canada has balked, claiming the need for expensive passports would limit tourism and trade, which stands at more than $1 billion daily between the North American neighbors. Instead, Washington is now looking at alternative documents, such as high-tech identity "PASS" cards that would cost about $30 to $40.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Sorry....they did mention Mexico but it seemed it was more to be PC than anything.

Re: The Border Being Talked About Regarding Terrorists

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I am hearing a lot of talk on TV about who has probably crossed the borders into the U.S.

They are worried that we might have terrorists here as a result of the borders being opened, including Hezbollah.

This is no surprise, we've heard it before, however I have a feeling that the Middle East situation could get those borders VERY SECURED VERY FAST.

What do you guys think ?
    We touched on that before. The open suckhole to our south is just asking to be a terrorist supply line. My own feeling is that the only reason terrorists are taking a break here is that they're moving operatives and equipment. Why screw up the big kaboom for some little hits that would get attention?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: The Border Being Talked About Regarding Terrorists

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen

What do you guys think ?
    I take the (too often conveniently timed) terror threats with a grain of salt. As Pat Buchanan essentially stated on Hardball tonight, certain parties are intent on pushing(or dragging) the US into a war on Iran for them, I think the leadup to the war(s) on Iraq shows they'll say and do most anything to get their war, be it Saddams nookular wmd's or babies being yanked from incubators and thrown to the cold floor to die - the latter tale tall enough to merit mention even on Snopes.com. Hopefully nobody decides we need another Pearl Harbor* to get what they want.

re: southern suckholes, Canada and border enforcement.. that reinforces my suspicions that US "border control" is designed more to keep Americans in, not to keep illegals and other assorted riff-raff out.

*another good link on PH - http://whatreallyhappened.com/McCollum
    The American Conservative

Bail out families, not usurers and speculators.

The statistics I read said the approximately 79,000 OTM's (Other than Mexicans) crossed the southern border in 2005. Who know who they are, why they are here, where they went or what they were carrying with them when they came. If this country gets hit again by terrorists that came across George's open border, he need a lil time in Leavenworth. The borders SHOULD have been sealed 9/12/2001 with the US Military...PERIOD.
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

The terrorist have been in our country for years, I can remember hearing them call in on late night talk shows back in the mid 90's saying they were just waiting for orders.
    With every thing going on in the world we do need to secure our borders for the safety of all of us.
    I have heard from the local rumor mill out here that a dirty bomb was transported across the border here.
    I'am not much at writing letters but I do keep watch on my section of the border.

The terrorist have been in our country for years....
    Yeah, sleepers.

As for what I think, well, I can't say I'm surprised. That it's a topic on the news seems to indicate to me that the government has known for sometime who and where they are and what they have been/are doing.
    Plus, it adds to the "wow factor" (as I like to call it) with the Hezbollah in Iran stating that if the U.S. wants WW3, they are ready.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.