Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Border-control advocates not hate-mongers

Border-control advocates not hate-mongers
    Nov 8, 2007
    By: DAN MCCASKILL, JR. - commentary

I am not a member of the Minutemen nor do I attempt to speak for them, but I am an advocate for controlling our borders. I also do not think the Minutemen are a group of bigots and hate-mongers as implied by Mr. Bill Flores of El Grupo in his Community Forum, "Minutemen's tactics inflame hate," Nov. 1. It seems to be the trend of most minority groups to label anyone, especially whites, who disagree with their agendas as racists and hate-mongers.

I think the Minutemen are comprised of a group of American citizens who were frustrated by their government's unwillingness to enforce the Immigration laws and decided to do something about it. Their efforts have brought much media attention to the out-of-control Mexican border, especially in Arizona. They also seem to have gotten the attention of some in our government, who, albeit somewhat reluctantly, have begun to enforce our Immigration laws. Most of us think this is a good thing.

The Minutemen seem to represent a cross-section of our society. They broadly promote what more than 70 percent, in poll after poll, of Americans want: enforce the immigration laws; secure the borders; stop illegal immigration, drugs and terrorists from entering the country. Apparently, Mr. Flores and others like him label you as a racist or hate-monger if you agree with this concept.

Mr. Flores states that by "wrapping themselves in the American flag, they are repeating the worst parts of our American history." Is there something wrong with American patriotism? Personally, I prefer to see the American flag being waved in our streets and sidewalks than the Mexican flag being waved by illegal Mexicans.

Mr. Flores finds no fault with the day laborers, most of whom are illegal aliens here in violation of the law, congregating on street corner sites all over California, disrupting the peace and tranquility of neighborhoods, but faults American citizens against such activities and labels them as hate-mongers and racists.

Apparently, Mr. Flores disagrees with the facts that most of the illegal aliens entering the United States are from Third World countries (Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, etc.) and crossing in vast numbers; that some are bringing into the country long-ago eradicated diseases such as tuberculosis (newer drug resistant variations not before seen); and some are criminals, rapists, terrorists or become so after entry. He says that if one attempts to discuss these facts and use these terms, "it is the same disgusting, hate-filled propaganda used by the San Diego Minutemen."

Mr. Flores says, "While there will always be extremists, the mainstream should recognize them for what they are and for what they are really saying."

I totally agree. I recognize exactly what Mr. Flores and El Grupo are saying. I disagree. It seems that the majority of Americans also understand what Mr. Flores, El Grupo and similar groups in support of illegal immigration, are saying. They disagree, too.

Fallbrook resident Dan McCaskill, Jr., retired as a special agent/Anti-Smuggling after 24 years with U.S. Border Patrol.

www.nctimes.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Great article!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

At the Irving City Hall rally on October 13, 2007, someone noticed my Spanish, gave me a bullhorn, and said, "LET 'em HAVE it!" And for the next 45 minutes or so, I DID! Blasting Spanish rebukes at the illegals through the bullhorn, I said that those who were ILLEGAL needed to PACK UP and GO HOME! MY, were they EVER taken aback by THAT! When they said something about voting, I again reminded them that if you are NOT an AMERICAN citizen, you CANNOT LEGALLY vote in OUR elections. When they said GOD was on THEIR side, I reprimanded that God is NEVER on the side of those who break JUST laws. And our laws against illegal immigration ARE just laws, I said, because they are meant for EVERYONE'S protection, INCLUDING that of the ILLEGALS! What a bunch of INGRATES if EVER I saw any!

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    The Minutemen are not racists by any means. They are a watchdog group, like the neighborhood watch groups you see in many towns all across America. The Minutemen took a stand because our corrupt government did nothing to stop these criminal lawbreakers from invading our country. We should all thank the Minutemen for being such brave patriots.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    At the Irving City Hall rally on October 13, 2007, someone noticed my Spanish, gave me a bullhorn, and said, "LET 'em HAVE it!" And for the next 45 minutes or so, I DID! Blasting Spanish rebukes at the illegals through the bullhorn, I said that those who were ILLEGAL needed to PACK UP and GO HOME! MY, were they EVER taken aback by THAT! When they said something about voting, I again reminded them that if you are NOT an AMERICAN citizen, you CANNOT LEGALLY vote in OUR elections. When they said GOD was on THEIR side, I reprimanded that God is NEVER on the side of those who break JUST laws. And our laws against illegal immigration ARE just laws, I said, because they are meant for EVERYONE'S protection, INCLUDING that of the ILLEGALS! What a bunch of INGRATES if EVER I saw any!
    Wow...That's awesome. Congratulations! I love it.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

If just one fifth of this nation stood up like these brave people and yall, we wouldn't have these problems, no matter who ran the nation ! They would know better than to mess with us !

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    EXCELLENT JOB!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

joazinha
    You are now a hero of mine.....your awesome So glad someone gave you that bullhorn
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    joazinha
    You are now a hero of mine.....your awesome So glad someone gave you that bullhorn

I second that !

Quote Originally Posted by NOamNASTY
    Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    joazinha

I second that !
    I'll triple that! Very cool!