Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A border fence after all

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A border fence after all

04/29/2015 12:50 PM

04/29/2015 1:30 PM

Frustrated by President Obama’s unwillingness to build a fence as promised by law, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has signed a law to secure the border with private funding, using qualified prison inmates for labor.

Senate Bill 1406 permits Arizona to work with other border states in constructing a privately funded border fence hailed as a major step in enforcing national security.

The federal government has put states like Arizona on the back burner for far too long. People who want to support this effort can contact: Secure America’s Border, 20118 N. 67th St., Ste. 600-608, Glendale, AZ 85308.

Betty Homyer

http://www.bnd.com/opinion/letters-t...e19875948.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    04/29/2015 12:50 PM

04/29/2015 1:30 PM

Frustrated by President Obama’s unwillingness to build a fence as promised by law, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has signed a law to secure the border with private funding, using qualified prison inmates for labor.

Senate Bill 1406 permits Arizona to work with other border states in constructing a privately funded border fence hailed as a major step in enforcing national security.

The federal government has put states like Arizona on the back burner for far too long. People who want to support this effort can contact: Secure America’s Border, 20118 N. 67th St., Ste. 600-608, Glendale, AZ 85308.

Betty Homyer

http://www.bnd.com/opinion/letters-t...e19875948.html
    Another great idea by a STATE!

GO STATES! Thank you Arizona! Again.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How does this idea clear with labor laws, or will it? Some states have a law that inmates cannot do labor that would otherwise go to an available citizen? Some states, or is that a supreme court ruling, that inmates used like this have to be paid a prevailing or competitive wage? I agree, grand idea, but expect the lawyers to somehow quash it.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    How does this idea clear with labor laws, or will it? Some states have a law that inmates cannot do labor that would otherwise go to an available citizen? Some states, or is that a supreme court ruling, that inmates used like this have to be paid a prevailing or competitive wage? I agree, grand idea, but expect the lawyers to somehow quash it.
    Well, the article states that they're using private funding which excludes the prevailing wages prevailed upon states and government, and going to use "qualified prison inmates for labor." So I know there are programs where private industries can hire "qualified prison inmates for labor". I'm not sure what they pay them, some research would probably provide this information, but many credit card and other types of establishments hire inmates to do marketing calls and a host of other tasks, and frankly, I'd rather have an inmate building a border fence to keep other criminals out of our country than sitting at a computer with my personal information. When I heard about the credit card and telemarketing workers, I canceled all my credit cards.

To the potential inmates who would be willing to do this work for our country, I said "KUDOS" to you, and you should get an early release and a big fat bonus to start a new life in our country, provided of course that you are a citizen of the United States. If you are not a citizen, then I would not want you building a border fence. Sorry, but common sense and reason would dictate that foreigners who come to our country to commit crimes need to be sent back to the home countries and their green cards revoked, i. e., one should never kick a gift horse in the mouth.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy