Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Border Patrol 45% Hispanic?

Did you guys watching Lou Dobbs tonight hear Congressman Reyes say the border patrol was 45% Hispanic or was I just imagining things? Supposedly the Hispanic population (legal) in the United States is around 13% - so why are 45% of our border patrol agents Hispanic?

Shouldn't our border patrol be a fair representation of our population? Does the BP discriminate or are caucasions, blacks, etc. not applying?

This is not a dig on our border patrol, I'm sure most of them are above reproach, however, I have to question our government for placing so many in the way of temptation. I can't help but thinking that some of them have friends and relatives living in Mexico.

I guess it's a doubled edged sword because Hispanic BP agents from the border area speak Spanish, know the culture, and are familiar with the area, and that's got to be helpful. Maybe my concerns are unfounded. What do the rest of you think? Just curious.

By the way, I wonder how many Hispanics are guarding our Northern border?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Border Patrol 45% Hispanic?

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    By the way, I wonder how many Hispanics are guarding our Northern border?
    Maybe just the ones who speak Canadian, eh?
    [i]“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.â€

Re: Border Patrol 45% Hispanic?

Quote Originally Posted by MW

This is not a dig on our border patrol, I'm sure most of them are above reproach, however, I have to question our government for placing so many in the way of temptation. I can't help but thinking that some of them have friends and relatives living in Mexico.

I guess it's a doubled edged sword because Hispanic BP agents from the border area speak Spanish, know the culture, and are familiar with the area, and that's got to be helpful. Maybe my concerns are unfounded. What do the rest of you think? Just curious.
    I know how you feel. I am also a bit skeptic, even though I am hispanic myself. Still, Hispanics now the culture and know how to read between the lines when an illegal is telling false information.

It may be a way of pandering to Mexico and the illegals - but I rather think it is a language thing.

There is no way I would want to work anywhere near the border without being fluent in Spanish. That doesn't mean high school Spanish, but actually know the language.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Border Patrol is fairly representative of the per centage of Hispanics living in commuting distance of the Mexican border. It is not like joining the Army people who join still want to be near their families. Out of the Mexican Americans liviing here who are American citizens quite a few are anti illegal.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    It may be a way of pandering to Mexico and the illegals - but I rather think it is a language thing.

There is no way I would want to work anywhere near the border without being fluent in Spanish. That doesn't mean high school Spanish, but actually know the language.
    I think you're right about the language thing. But I have to wonder how many of the BP agents feel sympathetic toward the illegals and let a few "slip by" now and then?
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl

I think you're right about the language thing. But I have to wonder how many of the BP agents feel sympathetic toward the illegals and let a few "slip by" now and then?
    Probably quite a few.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Richard wrote:

It is not like joining the Army people who join still want to be near their families.
    It's a federal position and they recruit nationally. Furthermore, I believe the jobs pays fairly well and offers a good benefit package. Are you saying people from other parts of the country don't apply for the jobs? If that's so, I'm left wondering why.

People transfer and take jobs away from their families all the time. Been there, done that.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl

Probably quite a few.
    Some even work with them smuggling them in!!! Forgot the news story, but one BP agent got busted for an illegal ring he was running!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul