Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Boston Tea Party ... Arizona Style

Now this is forward thinking!

DOBBS: You can call it the Boston Tea Party Phoenix, Arizona style. Arizona says its residents are paying billions in federal tax dollars without receiving any protection from the federal government on border security in return. Tonight, Arizona state legislators are debating whether to withhold federal tax dollars to win Washington's attention.

Arizona State Senator Dean Martin, the sponsor of this tax revolt bill, joins us tonight from Phoenix to explain the plan. And what in the world are you doing, diverting IRS dollars to the state?

DEAN MARTIN (R), ARIZONA STATE SENATOR: Well, the plan is, is everyone who would pay their normal federal income tax, they just send the checks to the state of Arizona. We'd aggregate that amount, and subtract out our costs for illegal immigration, and forward on the balance to the federal government.

DOBBS: Have you checked to see whether or not this is legal?

MARTIN: Well, the Tenth Amendment of the Constitution gives the states the authority for anything that's not delegated in the Constitution. The 16th Amendment gives the federal government the right to collect an income tax. However, it does not specify how. And so, we're going to redefine that, that the 50 states shall collect it for them, and deduct out any federal mandates.

DOBBS: It's an interesting concept, since federal government is doing absolutely nothing in terms of enforcing immigration law, and is woefully inadequate in providing border security. Other states could follow your lead. But first, how much support is there within the Arizona state legislature for what you are advocating?

MARTIN: Very strong support. As it comes out here, we are looking at $1.3 billion -- and we're a small state, our whole budget is about $8 billion -- in uncompensated costs for illegal immigration, in health care, education and incarceration.

And so we spend $25 billion that our citizens give to the federal government, and they can't individually fight the federal government, but the state's basically saying we're going to come in there and fight for you.

DOBBS: Has your legislation now passed committee?

MARTIN: If passed out of the Finance Committee last week, and is moving towards the floor.

DOBBS: And what is your sense of the support that you will enjoy there?

MARTIN: I believe we'll have the support on the floor. I hope to move it out here in the next month, and hopefully get it through the House and up to the governor's desk in time for April 15th.

DOBBS: Well, Governor Napolitano declared a border emergency in your state. Is it your sense that she would support you?

MARTIN: Well, I would sincerely hope so. She declared a state of emergency, but didn't do anything. She asked the federal government -- she actually sent them a bill, and they didn't pay it, for illegal immigration. So we're kind of looking at this as well. We're taking the federal government to collections.

DOBBS: Well, Senator Martin, we thank you very much and we appreciate you being here and wish you luck.

MARTIN: Thank you.

I'm not to sure this would work out.

----------------------------------(...)
    DEAN MARTIN (R), ARIZONA STATE SENATOR: Well, the plan is, is everyone who would pay their normal federal income tax, they just send the checks to the state of Arizona. We'd aggregate that amount, and subtract out our costs for illegal immigration, and forward on the balance to the federal government.
    ---------------------------

I don't know about you, but I send my tax stuff to some IRS processing center in California. I mail the Arizona state stuff to some place in Phoenix.

This new plan relies on the people ALL sending their federal tax checks to Arizona instead.
    Seems reasonable to argue that is non-payment of your Fed taxes.

How does Arizona force everybody to be delinquent?

The feds wont even have to go after Arizona on this, they can just say, "We will go after ANY individual taxpayer who fails to pay to the Federal gov't, as usual."

I

[/b]

They don't have enough beds to keep the illegals they catch, where they gonna put a couple million Arizonans? I love it!

REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

I love it, too. Extreme times demand extreme measures. I'm so glad a state is willing to get involved like that. You are right that the govt might TRY to come against the individual - a cowardly method would be expected in this administration. But I'm sure the state will create a defense for such people. it's worth some risk, I think.

They are doing it as a way to collect what they are owed in border enforcement. But it could also be justified because the Big Business that has been evading taxes paying under the table is going to be rewarded by getting their illegal workers made legal.

There are many other justifications for withholding our taxes. It is the riskiest action but also the most potent.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

VERY, very interesting! If the whole state were to get in on this, think of the possibilities. I sure wish I lived in AZ right now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It would be great if everybody did it.
    But i don't imagine the IRS booklet mailed to me for 2005 is going to say," Mail your Federal return to State of Arizona, so they can keep some of it."

p.s.

And let's say we all did it, and we are found in delinquency, then I'll just sell my Social Security number to an illegal alien. haha
    He can contribute to pay my penalty, and be tracked down later when they come looking for me broahahahaha.

-pa

When will we know if this Tax Revolt Bill is passed ? That would be one of the best things that could happen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

not sure, but i'm keeping an eye on the story to see how it unfolds.