Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Both Sides Get Ready for Legal Brawl over Denying Citizenshi

Both Sides Get Ready for Legal Brawl over Denying Citizenship to Babies of Undocumented

By Elizabeth Llorente
    Published January 11, 2011

AMENDMENT 14 Section 1 says: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

As lawmakers in several states push for an end to automatic citizenship to U.S.-born babies of illegal immigrants, a Hispanic organization that has won landmark civil rights cases says it will sue any state that passes such a law.

LatinoJustice PRLDEF says that plans by legislators of several states to push for a law that would stop the tradition of birthright citizenship for those babies goes against the 14th Amendment.

Those pushing for a law to end automatic U.S. citizenship to those babies say they are not intimated by the threat of a lawsuit – in fact, they say, they want a court battle. They say a court fight will offer them the best chance to show that the 14th amendment was not meant to be applied to babies of people who are in the United States illegally.

“The very purpose of the 14th amendment was to insure that we would not have a caste system in which the children born in our country would have no chance of ever becoming citizens equal to all others,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So telling that it is Latino advocacy groups that are the only ones objecting vehemently to ending birthright citizenship for children of llegal aliens, isn't it? Sure shows what their agenda for this country is. The rest of the country and our politicians need to wake up to this takeover they have in mind politically and culturally.

Opponents of the proposed measures say birthright citizenship is not a key motivator in illegal immigration
    What a preposterous statement to make. They walk around and work right in open and do not hide in shadows as they so often mention.
    LatinoJustice PRLDEF says that plans by legislators of several states to push for a law that would stop the tradition of birthright citizenship for those babies goes against the 14th Amendment.
    Why does that not surprise me to see that it is a Hispanic group making waves.......
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

[quote]These efforts waste resources at a time when these legislatures should focus on creating jobs and fixing the economy.â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory
    So telling that it is Latino advocacy groups that are the only ones objecting vehemently to ending birthright citizenship for children of llegal aliens, isn't it? Sure shows what their agenda for this country is. The rest of the country and our politicians need to wake up to this takeover they have in mind politically and culturally.
    Yes, it's there right out in the open but our politicians hide their eyes from seeing it, their ears from listening to the truth like ostriches. Since they live in ivory towers, it does not affect them like it does the run of the mill American citizen but for sure they'd better wake up because the invasion will not stop at their doors, it will come right on in to take over their ivory towers too...
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Opponents of the proposed measures say birthright citizenship is not a key motivator in illegal immigration
    What a preposterous statement to make. They walk around and work right in open and do not hide in shadows as they so often mention.
    [quote:2vnchd62]LatinoJustice PRLDEF says that plans by legislators of several states to push for a law that would stop the tradition of birthright citizenship for those babies goes against the 14th Amendment.
    Why does that not surprise me to see that it is a Hispanic group making waves.......[/quote:2vnchd62]

In my neighborhood there are women who support themselves by having jackpot babies. No daddies in the household, just lots of kids and a mother that doesn't work - except to collect benefits for her babies, and visit multiple food pantries.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"We're just not looking at it from an illegal standpoint!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr9imilqanQ
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There is no such thing as a "anchor baby" as it is nothing less than a fabrication perpetrated by the media with blessings from the business community and the political prostitutes in positions of legislative authority.

The sooner the public understands that this has been an assualt on our constitution for both monetary and political gains, the better off we will all be. Then Americans should demand accountability and try the traitors for their complicitous actions along the way.

Let history record the names of the traitors!

Banned
    BOTTOM LINE , PLAIN AND SIMPLE

They are not subject to our jurisdiction of as meant by the framers of the amend

It doesn't mean subject to our "LAWS" , it means loyal to our country, govt and system and having no foreign loyalty

The first thing illegals do is scream for their consulate, If they were totally under our jurisdiction , they would not have that right,

Complete and total BS. Why do they cross over right before they are about to POP then!?!

Thats like Nappy telling us more terrorists cross the northern border as opposed to the southern one when there are PRAYER RUGS and "spanish for dummies" books along the border with mexico.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast