Thread: Boycott

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Boycott

Forgive me, new here, and I am not familiar with this type discussion forum.

I have posted this elsewhere and then lost it -----

Yes, I think there may be reasons behind the illegal immigration other than just monetary reasons.

The fact is, however, it is money that is driving it. OUR MONEY. Not just our money in taxes that is used to support cheap labor for companies, but our money paid to those companies.

Someone said, "You can sell America the rope to hang itself." Well, we are buying a piece of the rope everytime we purchase anything from a company or industry that uses illegal labor.

Right now, we still have control of some of our monies - we can decide how some of it is being spent. Why don't we put our money to work for us - not the employers, the illegals or the politicians that are working against us?

I have read of boycotts against some large concerns and that is good. Also, I have read of boycotts on a local level - and that is good.

It is my opinion that coupled with that, we should target an industry. One at a time. My preference, selfishly, is poultry. That is the one industry that has caused the most problems in our area. If we could just not buy any poultry products for a month - two months, it would have an impact .
    We could go longer if necessary. It isn't going to hurt any of us not to eat poultry products.

After we get their attention, we could then move on to beef, and pork.

This is not to destroy the industry - although it has been instrumental in destroying so much of our lives - but rather to get it to do the right thing.

We could also target the restaurant industry. They are also big employers of illegals - large and small restaurants - Mom and Pop as well as big chains. If you know of one in your neighborhood that doesn't employ illegals - then frequent that restaurant - but most do.

The food industry - and restaurant industry is not only helping to destroy so many aspects of our country - but consider the health implications here.

We have been warned for quite some time of the virulent strain of TB coming here. There are just so many ways our food could be contaminated because of these workers.

Could I get some input on this -
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi, we just started these boards to get a Boycott organized and gather info about the companies. We welcome your input.

http://saveournationboycott.blogspot.com

http://sonboycott2.proboards102.com
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

I think it's a great idea to boycott, especially on both levels, nationally and locally. It would be VERY EASY to spread the word to family and friends on a local level and ask them to pass it on. You may have hit on a gold mine there, nntrixie. I think we could all find a few local businesses we could start spreading the word that THEY are hiring illegal aliens.

Could you help us to get started ? We should begin immediately too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am already boycotting McDonalds, Burger King and the local Mexican restaurants. I also boycott Coke, Pepsi, Budweiser, Home Depot, Farm Bureau and members of the U.S. Chamber Of Commerce, all for their support of illegal immigration. I'm also boycotting Ford, Target and Walgreens for other reasons. I encourage everyone I know, to do likewise, but what I find more often than not, is that most Americans like to complain, but don't want to be inconvienced with a boycott. I like to call them sheeple.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Hey, thanks.

I, too, try to boycott certain companies, etc., and we can do this and boycott on a local level.

Couple that with a boycott on an entire industry - I mean ENTIRE industry.

If it's poultry, and forgive me my prejudice here, then it's no chicken, turkey, KFC, Church's, cold cuts made with chicken ------

If we were to just target one particular brand, and buy another brand, that will just make the workers move to the ones we are still purchasing.
    Also, most large companies own many smaller companies and the larger companies could just begin wrapping under one of their other brand names.

Also, we do have to be careful about agricultural products. There is actually a law protecting agriculture here in TExas. You can be fined for certain things. This was passed after the Oprah case.

It is my opinion an industry wide boycott would have more impact and would take a shorter time to cause a change.

And like I said, costs nothing, no inconvenience, no time. Might have to look at the label to see if there is chicken or turkey in those franks.

Once you have the attention of one industry - you could move on to another. The others would have to get the message.

But at least you would have deprived that industry of your hard earned dollars. They can't use your own dollars against you.

We have to boycott!

That group, American Families or something like that....they have so much power they had that NBC series taken off.. The Book of Daniel
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Our family hasn't been going to restaurants much in the past few years...when we do we make sure there are no foreigners working there. We don't go to WalMart..we don't buy Chinese made stuff...we buy only what we must have...real needs.

We don't buy poultry products...

Beef? We're ranchers. We don't know of any illegals working in ranching...mostly we operate our ranches with family members help as needed. You must be talking about the use of illegals in packing plants...however, if you boycott beef you'll get the producers who are innocent of hiring illegals.

Pork? I don't know anything about pork producers.

As a family we're doing all we can on the boycott front already...

I don't seem able to convince others that shopping at WalMart is BAD business...they don't really believe that WM prices are not that much lower than locally owned businesses...nonetheless I think a boycott from 'those in the know' would make at least a small impression on their business...we also don't shop Home Depot or any of the others.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Can't we get online petition type boycotts, where we could get thousands to sign and then be sent to the companies?
    Rather than rely on individual letters?
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

We also already boycott all those places and companies. So, is it settled we start with the chicken industry today ? Are there specific companies, or should we just boycott all chicken. That would probably be best. What do you say, nntrixie ?

I wonder if William would make it a sticky so it stays at the top and the word gets out far and wide to everyone who visits ALIPAC.

I just say all poultry and poultry products.

Yes, I know when you boycott anything, some innocent people will get hurt.

My statements are not as cold hearted a they sound. I was raised on a farm, live in farm country and know a lot of people, good people, who still work in the poultry field.

My belief, is that a large boycott, encompassing an entire industry, will work quickly and the hurt for the innocents would be less and of a shorter duration than just targetting one company.

That is what makes the illegal problem so insidious - it is interwoven in anything and everything we do - even if we don't employ them.

But yes, the illegals work a lot in the packing plants - they also work in the feed lots of the beef industry, and on larger ranches.

But if we don't do something, EVERYONE will be hurt and for the rest of the of our lives and that of our children and grandchildren.

I don't know how to get anything started. Just word of mouth and I hoped there might be enough on here to get it started.

Maybe just other chat boards.

Suggestions?