Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boycott

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by American_made
    Just boycott wal-mart because they are evil. I never shop at that store. That store embodies everything that I am against. They think they own their employees. Most of the stuff is junk anyway.
    Plus it's just kinda meh.

Did you hear the news reports of the childrens toothpaste being sold in Latin America and manufactured in China is contaminated with an ingredient found in Anti-Freeze? NOTE: None of that toothpaste has been sold in the USA.

Since walmart gets so much of it's products from China what's to keep this from happening here?

I'd be more inclined to boycott for this reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagmar
    Quote Originally Posted by American_made
    Just boycott wal-mart because they are evil. I never shop at that store. That store embodies everything that I am against. They think they own their employees. Most of the stuff is junk anyway.
    Plus it's just kinda meh.

Did you hear the news reports of the childrens toothpaste being sold in Latin America and manufactured in China is contaminated with an ingredient found in Anti-Freeze? NOTE: None of that toothpaste has been sold in the USA.

Since walmart gets so much of it's products from China what's to keep this from happening here?

Yep, first the tainted pet food, then they found the same ingredient in some of our chickens, then they had the baby bibs with lead in them and now they tested fish samples and found 2 banned antibiotics in the majority of them, plus the toothpaste.....I say BAN exports from China as well!!!!!!

Sorry to bump up this old thread. I searched the forum and this thread seemed the best fit for this question:

Has anyone put together a list of top illegal employers in this country?

If so, it would be interesting to see it cross referenced with the top donors to certain Washington politicians.

Achilles79

Good luck finding that information! The biased press, big business and Bush's government are not going to let that information be found! I have found a few companies from news sources and used some excerpts from the articles, but if anyone wants to add to this list -- go ahead!

One other interesting tidbit on the Regan show yesterday, the Salvation Army is being sued by the US Government for discrimination! They fired two employees who worked for the Salvation army for 5 years with the expectation that they learned English. They refused to learn so the organization fired them and now the US government is suing them for discrimination!

2005 - (NPR News) Golden State Fence - After an immigration check in 1999 found undocumented workers on its payroll, Golden State promised to clean house. But when followup checks were made in 2004 and 2005, some of those same illegal workers were still on the job. In fact, U-S Attorney Carol Lam says as many as a third of the company's 750 workers may have been in the country illegally.

2006 - Swift Meat Packing Company which incidentally is being sold to a Brazilian company as reported in New York Times today.

10/23/2003 USA Today - Federal agents arrested more than 300 illegals at WalMart stores in 21 states Thursday and raided the retail giant's world headquarters in Arkansas.

4/21/2006 CNN.COM - IFCO an industry leader in the manufacture of wooden pallets, crates and containers. The criminal complaint involving IFCO charges the seven managers with conspiracy to transport, harbor, and employ illegal immigrants for private gain. Federal authorities checked a sample of 5,800 IFCO employee records last year and found that 53 percent had faulty Social Security numbers, an Immigration and Customs Enforcement official said.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution 05/27/07 Mohawk Industries - Three years ago, a group of current and former Mohawk workers sued, alleging the company recruited, hired and harbored illegal immigrants. Plaintiffs' attorneys are seeking class-action status for the case. Here is the link: http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/printe ... 0527a.html

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Has anyone put together a list of top illegal employers in this country?
    To some degree, http://www.wehirealiens.com has a good list of employers who have been listed as hiring illegal aliens. check them out.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123