Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is a Boycott in Order Against Hershey's Chocolates??

Being the hopeless chocoholic that I am, I never thought I would say this, but perhaps we must all consider boycotting Hershey's chocolates and all of its affiliates!! Why??!! Because it was announced today that the supposedly all-American Hershey corporation in Pennsylvania is shutting down much of its U.S. production in favor of sending that production to Mexico! Hundreds of employees in the United States are being laid off as this happens. This was announced this morning on West Coast radio and not all of the details are in, yet. I guess for me it'll be Nestle's from now on!!
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

Hersey is FIRED!!!! I'll eat a freaking carob...while digging a hole for my money jar...instead of taking it to the bank
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

I will be glad to jump on this wagon Mark, it would save me a fortune as I live in a household with 2 women who absolutely love Hershey kisses! In al seriousness, I think any business who sells out in America and runs down to Mexico or any other country will not be needing much of my business! I wonder why they are doing that, since most of Mexico's cheap labor now resides in our country!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

The news is official. Here is a link to the Washington Post that carries the story. Hershey's will be laying off 1,500 U.S. employees in favor of Mexican production:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00142.html
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

MarkM:

Hey, welcome aboard! Yeah, I had caught word of the Hershey situation on the news this morning - bummer! YASO (Yet Another Sell-Out)

Anyway, I'd just ask everyone to remember that Nestle is a foreign-based multinational and patronizing them isn't really a good alternative (as much as I like much of their chocolate too). I guess the best alternative(s), will be local and regional confectioners/chocolate makers - which, I think, there are a fair number of good-quality ones around. (I guess I need to compile a list - don't I?)

Thanks for stopping by and helping out...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh Geez...why does it have to be Hersheys???? Why not Russell Stover? Count me in...a girl has to do, what a girl has to do. Make no mistake about it, I am not happy with this one.

Nitty
    One of my jobs in the 1980's was producing the little squares of aluminum foil they use to wrap the kisses. The hydraulic shear left over from WW II production was the modern piece of equpment. The other machines were so old they were made of wood. That whole operation moved somewhere years ago.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Neese>>>>I hate carob...I going to miss hersey's...too...I am going to pretent I love carob...till I believe it... or eat a freaking carrot
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

I love chocolate but will give up hersey's. the world is sure going to be less fun. We need to start avoiding any company that sends jobs overseas (Mexico especially). As much as I dislike China, I would have something from them than from Mexico.

Admittedly, it is a bit of a conundrum, since chocolate is universally loved around the world and chocolate (the cocoa bean) did come from Mexico to begin with; but the issue here is a U.S. Company selling out to a country that is already adversely affecting our economy in so many ways.

This one is really hitting the fan! The most favored U.S. chocolote company is selling out. People in my office are already discussing the options: See's chocolates comes out on top!

It seems silly to have to concern ourselves about something like this in light of all the other things that are going on in the world. But it appears to be a prime example how United States employees are being sold out in favor of foreign nationals.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast