Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Brainstorming ideas wanted - Acting locally

Moderators: My apologies if this is the incorrect forum for this.

I'm in need of some ideas/resource leads on how I can fight this invasion in some small way.

Background: I live in a small HOA controlled community and serve our our Board of Directors. We are planning on starting up another cycle of painting our buildings this summer and will be soliciting bids from three painting contractors. Any ideas on what *I* can do as a board member to ensure that the employees of the the painting company we hire are all either Americans, or legal immigrants authorized to work in the U.S.?

I've already contacted ICE and per them, the HOA (and hence the BOD) has no legal liability should the contractor hire illegals and get caught. So that stick is no good to use on my fellow board members, and unfortunately my counterparts are rather unconcerned with the issue.

Thanks in advance for any advice you folks can offer.
    Knowledge is Power Power corrupts Study hard Be Evil

kev

fines

Ask the HOA to set a fine for anyone that rents to an illegal immigrant, set the fine to something like $300 a day, per person that lives in the house. Do the same of workers that work in the neighboorhood.