Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Branding Americans racist to further their agenda

In 2007, former Bush nominee and columnist Linda Chavez published an article in which she accused Americans who stood in opposition to the Bush/McCain/Kennedy Amnesty Bill as racists. Alleging racism is the favorite tactic of the open borders crowd, as it is often used by those who find themselves on the wrong side of the argument.

Let us refresh our memory...In 2001, Linda Chavez was nominated by President Bush for the Secretary of Labor position. Her nomination fell apart when it was discovered that she had long employed an illegal alien as a housekeeper. In her ensuing unofficial role, she often acted as a cheerleader for Bush and his desire to turn the U.S. into Mexico.

Townhall.com published the article by Linda Chavez in which she attacked the American people, or at least the ones who value U.S. sovereignty. In her essay entitled "Latino Fear and Loathing," she repeatedly refered to those of us who oppose the amnesty legislation as "xenophobes."

Chavez said: "We need to quit pretending that the "No Amnesty" crowd is anything other than what it is: a tiny group of angry, frightened and prejudiced loudmouths backed by political opportunists who exploit them."

Apparently, Chavez believes that 80 percent of the American public is a tiny group!

However, she is right that we are angry and frightened. We are angry that many of our elected officials wish to reward millions of foreign nationals who have no respect for this nation’s laws. We are also frightened at the possibility of adding between 40-100 million mostly illiterate new immigrants to this country, over the next 20 years.
    The only prejudice that most of us hold is that we prefer the American way of life as opposed to a Third World existence.

Chavez went on to wrongly compare this nation's ever-growing illegal alien population with the European immigrants who came to America’s shores in the early 1900's. She wrote: “What is said today of the Mexicans, Guatemalans, Salvadorans and others was once said of Germans, Swedes, the Irish, Italians, Poles, Jews, and others. The only difference is that in the past the xenophobes could speak freely, unconstrained by a veneer of political correctness."

Chavez simply trotted-out the same old tired argument that all immigrants are alike. While it is true that many immigrants face hardships and bigotry, that is where the comparison ends. The massive waves of European immigrants came here legally and most made assimilation a priority. The illegal aliens now entering this country from Mexico, and Central America are not observing our laws and make very little effort to even learn English.
    While those European immigrants humbly waved American flags as they lined the streets of New York on July 4th, the illegal aliens defiantly wave Mexican flags on our streets as they demand their 'rights.' To compare the European immigrants of the early 20th century to the current lawless invaders, is an affront to the families of everyone who has legally immigrated to the United States.
    Here are a few facts that Linda Chavez left out of her article:

-In 2005, over 380,000 anchor babies were born in the U.S. No less than 97 percent of the hospital delivery costs were paid by the American public

-According to the Federation for American Immigration Reform, illegal aliens receive $43.7 billion annually in Medicaid and Medicare benefits.

-42 percent of students in California public schools do not speak English.

-K-12 expenses for illegal aliens cost U.S. taxpayers $7.4 billion annually.

-Over half of Los Angeles area gang members are illegal aliens.

-29 percent (630,000) of this country's prison population is comprised of illegal aliens. This currently costs the American public $1.6 billion annually.
    http://www.examiner.com/x-35821-Immigra ... eir-agenda

God forbid, she would have been secretary of Labor.
    Angry American, I am. Frightened, no, as the election will soon be here and I trust the American people can vote some patriots into office--those with respect for our borders and our laws.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

These illegals do not want to assimilate because they are here for another purpose and that is to take back land they think is theirs. Yeah.all the way from South America too! They are not immigrating ,they are invading.

no matter how you try to tell these people or how many times, the land was bought just like the Louisiana Purchase or Alaska. Of course I bet Russia would like to have Alaska back.

As far as angered.I think I am passed the anger part and into just pissed off. Pissed off that we have some intolerable politicians out there that would sell this country down the river. Well not if I can help it.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Banned