Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Breaking: Ryan and McConnell Refuse to Fund Border Wall Until After Midterms!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Breaking: Ryan and McConnell Refuse to Fund Border Wall Until After Midterms!

Received the following email today.

Breaking: Ryan and McConnell Refuse to Fund Border Wall Until After Midterms!

President Trump just summoned Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell. There, he reiterated the same threat he has been warning them about for weeks. If Congress does not fund the border wall by the September 30 government funding deadline, Trump will shut down the government.

Ryan and McConnell, however, are now telling the President that border wall funding will have to wait until after the midterm elections. They're cowards.The establishment knows that if border wall funding is not secured in this year's spending package, then the President would have to wait a whole other year for it. And since 2020 is an election year, the chances of Congress approving border construction then are slim. The GOP has been playing this game for over a year and a half. Whenever it came time to fund the government, they claimed that the "timing" wasn't right to secure the border and promised that the wall would be included next time.

But there might be a next time. If Democrats are able to retake either the House or the Senate, they will be able to permanently block the wall from being built.That is what Paul Ryan is counting on. He knows if he can stall just a little longer, he'll be able to block the border wall from ever going up.

I cannot tell you enough how big of a betrayal this is. The GOP is actually afraid of voting for the border wall before the midterms.This fight is happening right now and we only have one chance at this. At the moment, the House's Homeland Security spending bill includes 5B for border wall construction. GOPers are already trying to strip that funding out of the appropriations package.

You MUST fight with everything you've got to keep it in!

The House Homeland Security 2019 Appropriations Bill currently includes 5 billion in border security funding. If that reaches Trump's desk, it will give him the funds to start hundreds of miles of border wall construction and hundreds of miles of border fence upgrades.

If that funding is stripped from the bill, then the wall may never be built at all.

We saw yesterday what the GOP establishment's end game is. They are actually pushing a plan to basically allow any illegal alien or migrant to claim asylum simply by saying their spouse beat them. If that policy goes into effect and the border is left wide open, there truly is no telling how many illegal aliens will storm into the country.

This truly is a do-or-die moment. Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are trying to push off a border wall vote until after the midterm election.This is our final stand.Trump is demanding Congress pass the funding or else he will shut down the government. But he needs your help to put the rest of the pressure on Congress to act!

Sincerely,Joe Otto
    Conservative Daily

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I'm concerned that if the 5 billion dollar "barrier" funding remains in the bill Trump will sign it regardless of what else is in the bill. That is a concern because of the Price amendment that allows domestic violence and gang violence to be considered credible fears for asylum claimants. Also in the bill are several amendments providing expansions to guest worker programs and more green cards.

So, if the 5 billion remains in the bill, Trump may sign it regardless of what else is in it. If the 5 billion is removed, perhaps he will encourage the House Republicans to get rid of the Price amendment and the several amendments that will expand foreign labor. IMO, this is one of those damn if you do and damn if you don't moments.

Other opinions?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No, that amendment doesn't create more green cards, it doesn't change the limit, it gets rid of the country caps so more of these higher skilled Indians from India who are working here on H1B visas can apply for green cards and not be excluded by the "country caps". It makes the issuance of who gets green cards more merit-based. I don't know if I support it or not, but it doesn't really bother me, if you're going to hand out 1,000,000 green cards, I would prefer it be to people who speak English, have skills and a job, based on merit. Trump ran on a merit-based immigration system, so this is actually in line with his goal and what he campaigned on since 2015.
    Last edited by Judy; 07-28-2018 at 04:29 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    No, that amendment doesn't create more green cards, it doesn't change the limit, it gets rid of the country caps so more of these higher skilled Indians from India who are working here on H1B visas can apply for green cards and not be excluded by the "country caps". It makes the issuance of who gets green cards more merit-based. I don't know if I support it or not, but it doesn't really bother me, if you're going to hand out 1,000,000 green cards, I would prefer it be to people who speak English, have skills and a job, based on merit. Trump ran on a merit-based immigration system, so this is actually in line with his goal and what he campaigned on since 2015.

You only responded to one single amendment. What about all the rest that bring in more foreign labor and the Price amendment? Are they things you would readily accept for the 5 billion funding for so-called barriers?

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post

You only responded to one single amendment. What about all the rest that bring in more foreign labor and the Price amendment? Are they things you would readily accept for the 5 billion funding for so-called barriers?
    I responded to that one because you erred. It does not create more green cards, it eliminates the country caps within the existing limit.

I oppose the DemoQuack Price Amendment (Asylum), the DemoQuack Aguilar Amendment (DACA), the ones that increase visa workers as well as the one that prevents "facilitating" illegal aliens who want an abortion from being allowed to go to an abortion clinic while in custody, to me that's not only a disgusting perversion akin to Rosemary's Baby, it's stupid because the alternative is a forced childbirth of yet another Anchor Baby on US soil.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Our government is failing us. Both parties are failing us. President Trump must follow through on his promises no matter the the threats and lies from Ryan, McConnell, Koch brothers, and other globalists.

The fundamentally transformation is continuing. It will not end well. We need only look to the nations that have allowed and allow the invasion of illegal aliens and mass refugee resettlement to remake them, to threaten their cultural identies forever. The transformation in my city and my state is evident more and more. This is not winning.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    Our government is failing us. Both parties are failing us
    What we have now is very close to a One Party System.

Once a person comes out of denial and sees that, it is very difficult to unsee.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn