Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Brenda? Did you know of this?

I met Brenda at the Denver International Airport. She is from Mexico and worked at the McDonald's before 9-11 when the INS kicked them all out.
    I asked Brenda one day, how did you get across the border from Juarez to El Paso TX. She said and I quote "Well, I have a visa that lets me cross the border but I cannot go more than 30 miles north of the border from Juarez. Well, it is 500 miles from Juarez El Paso to Denver?

My point? The INS or ICE or DOS gives a visa letting Mexican come across the border with the requirement that they don't go 30 miles more into the US? She must have been joking right? Our government would be so dumb to think they are going to stay within 30 miles? Is this true?
    Somebody help me out here please?

Just want to move this up front .....

I don't want this post to get forgotten........again, the INS or ice gives a visa that says one can go into the US but you can't go more than 30 miles from the border? Somebody verify this or was she telling me a fast one?

Bumping this post up..

Jack, you brought up a great subject. VISAS. We need to learn about the different kinds and the rules that go with them.

I had a question regarding an illegal family claiming to be able to be here while their second graders went to school in the U.S. to learn English.
    I investigated and could find no student visas for 2nd graders. The father worked as a painter for another guy from his country, and the mother as a "helper" for her firend. (She always says she doesn't work, she just goes to help her friend everyday at the same exact time.) That didn't quite fit the bill of people who might have a green card or permission to work in the U.S. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate hearing from you, as I'm sure Jack would too.

In the meantime:

http://www.unitedstatesvisas.gov/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)