Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bullet Found On Alaska Airlines Jet

A week or so ago there were a couple of postings about gang activity associated with Alaska Airlines employees. Today I found this story.

http://www.nbc17.com/travelgetaways/7957572/detail.html

SEATTLE -- Federal agents are trying to determine how a bullet ended up in the cabin of an Alaska Airlines plane.

The discovery was made at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Sunday as the plane was getting ready to depart for San Francisco.

Passengers were taken off Flight 384 so agents could search it, but no gun or other items were found. The passengers were then re-screened before being allowed back on the plane, which eventually took off about 2.5 hours late.

Officials said the airline flies many hunters to Alaska, and bullets occasionally have fallen out of passengers' pockets.

And once a law enforcement official dropped a bullet.

Officials said the airline flies many hunters to Alaska, and bullets occasionally have fallen out of passengers' pockets.

And once a law enforcement official dropped a bullet.
    I found this kind of odd. It sounds to me like they are trying to downplay the incident. I worked for the TSA for a while after it started. Bullets show up really well on the X-Ray machines and were probably some of the easiest things to find. I quit in 2003 so things may have changed but when I worked for them no one was allowed to carry bullets onto a plane, not even police officers (unless they were on a special assignment). Notice also that it doesn't give the type or caliber of the bullet.

Here are the links to the two articles I have previously posted regarding this issue:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-17361.html

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-17986.html

Note the following excerpt from the second posting:

“You might think these workers go through some sort of screening. While they do get a background check to get a security badge, many people may be surprised to find out that employees who load bags, cater the planes and fuel them, do not go through metal detectors like the pilots do. It's not mandated by law.”

Is it then inconceivable that ramp workers and catering services could easily smuggle ammunition, and weapons, or explosives, onto a passenger plane and hide them for use by an accomplice?? This is a loophole in federal law, a hole big enough to get a terrorist through.

Hi Legal,

Maybe it needs to be clarified that the graffiti writers were employees of Menzis Aviation and not Alaska Airlines. Need to be asking about investigations, arrests, trials of Menzis' gang banger employees. -OR- is Menzis still working the same contract at the same airports with the same gangbanger employees?

Lotsa questions for investigators, like, what other airlines do Menzis employees have access to.. Just think, Legal, these Menzis employees are our model citizens for the future.

Coto

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Quote Originally Posted by legal4mykidsfuture
    Here are the links to the two articles I have previously posted regarding this issue:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-17361.html

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-17986.html

Note the following excerpt from the second posting:

“You might think these workers go through some sort of screening. While they do get a background check to get a security badge, many people may be surprised to find out that employees who load bags, cater the planes and fuel them, do not go through metal detectors like the pilots do. It's not mandated by law.”

Is it then inconceivable that ramp workers and catering services could easily smuggle ammunition, and weapons, or explosives, onto a passenger plane and hide them for use by an accomplice?? This is a loophole in federal law, a hole big enough to get a terrorist through.
    To this day, I still don't understand this. Yes, pilots and air crew had to be screened. The TSA screeners (federal employees with background checks) had to be screened but the vendors who ran the restaraunts were given special access, along with the other workers this article mentions.

maybe

Just my two cents, but Anchorage airport has the TSA, but it not as stringent as lower 48 airports, from my experience last summer. It is true many sportsmen are on board, and I could see a person getting on the plane, after having rounds in a coat, dropping the thing and getting rid of it once they notice it on board the plane. The quality of employees at TSA is extremely LOW, and for Alaska, the only people making less, are working at Macs. g