Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar

Bush/Cheney Coup?

I'm not a conspiracy kind of person. But, when I saw this article in The Week Magazine, I found it disturbing. All Americans should be aware and looking into this. The whole article can be found at Slate.com.

The Bizarre Plan to Suspend the Constitution
    Ron Rosenbaum, Slate.com
    The Week Magazine

It's a conspiracy theorist's dream, said Ron Rosenbaum, except that in this case, it's based on the truth. Earlier this year, the White House quietly issued National Security Presidential Directive 51, to ensure "continuity of government" in the event of what the document very vaguely calls a "catastrophic emergency"-which can range from a terrorist attack on Washington to a nuclear explosion in New York to a particularly nasty hurricane. The directive, issued without any review by Congress or the Supreme Court, gives the President authority to decide when an emergency has occurred, and to do whatever he deems necessary to ensure continuity of government, whether it's to cancel upcoming elections, suspend the Constitution, or launch a nuclear attack on the enemy. In the blogosphere, NSPD-51 has created a storm of speculation, with some anticipating Bush-Cheney "coup" sometime in the next year involving a fake terrorist attack. "I have no evidence there's a coup brewing," but I find the directive alarming nonetheless. Believe it or not, NSPD-51 even has two secret clauses that the administration won't disclose to anyone, including congressional oversight committees, on the grounds of "national security concerns." That's not how we do things in a democracy, and Congress ought to hold hearings on this bizarre directive as soon as possible.

http://www.slate.com/id/2176185/pagenum/all/#page_start

Do we have another Hitler here?

I've heard about the plans. Is it really a conspiracy? I might sound like a lunatic, but IMO, there will be a "terror attack", only it won't be from an "outside" ememy. And Martial Law will be declared. So there won't be any future elections, just "RULERSHIP".
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is all old news if your a supporter of Ron Paul.

These kinds of directives and policies have been in play for a while now.
    Our government is issuing some REAL serious privacy and global agendas that is eearily following the steps nazi germany took to subdue its citizenry. I am not saying "this" is nazi germany, but usually every society that strips the people of power follows a certain course.. America is on that course.

Ron Paul is strickly against all these "control" and burning of the constitution... he is deeply into keeping america's sovereignty and keeping the power with the people.

Bush has instantiated MANY civil violations and liberty stealing bills that most people have NO IDEA.

You hit the nail on the head... no pun intended. Yes this directive is frightening along with all the legislation that has been passed, hate crimes bill, we are looking at very scary stuff here...

I want everyone to consider something on this board... run for something, anything, be at all meetings, be heard. I am tired of complaining so I am running for Justice of the Peace here in Arkansas. If we all make the difference and challenge the system we can make a change.

Quote Originally Posted by rmsings
    You hit the nail on the head... no pun intended. Yes this directive is frightening along with all the legislation that has been passed, hate crimes bill, we are looking at very scary stuff here...

I want everyone to consider something on this board... run for something, anything, be at all meetings, be heard. I am tired of complaining so I am running for Justice of the Peace here in Arkansas. If we all make the difference and challenge the system we can make a change.
    I don't remember who said it, but I think the quote goes: "If you can't beat city hall, become city hall." That is a very excellent idea.

It sounds like we do have a HITLER in the USA, and all his followers.

And now we are having the men who wrote the consitution rolling in there graves.
    They are saying shame on you BUSH you are the TRAITOR of all TRAITORS.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN