Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush DOJ: Smuggle less than 500 lbs of pot- No Problemas!

Anyone see the report on Lou Dobbs tonight? They reported that in AZ the U.S. Attorney will only prosecute pot smugglers who bring in more than 500 pounds of marijuana. And many of the smugglers who are caught with less than 500 pounds are usually released within a few hours to do it all over again.

WTF is up with that? What's next? Not prosecuting bank robbers who steal less than 5,000 dollars? Not prosecuting child molesters who abuse less than 5 children? This Dept. of Justice is totally worthless, along with every thing else about this lame a$$ administration.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

You're right about that! Also, Lou should have brought up the issue of Ramos, Compean and Gilmer to Leahy. I mean, caliing this a mistake about the state attorneys. It was deliberate! I hope they take this as far as it goes.

I have had a very interesting conversation with a former head of the DEA. It seems that in private he agreed with Gov. Gary Johnson, Rep. Ron Paul and Rep. Dana Rohrbacher that it should never have been criminalized. The reources that are used for pot should mostly be redirected to employers that are immigration cheats. Just as with liquor it should not be sold to the underaged.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They are not doing those people any favors by releasing them.

I know it's drugs to you and me but it's mucho deniro to the drug cartel. That mule will most likely come up missing or forced into more servitude because he was responsible for that drug money.

Mules are disposible people. That's just another reason we must seal the border, we are contributing to crime, indentured servitude and death.

That's the law of the jungle.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

500 lbs or under of weed and they won't prosecute?! I remember back in the 70's, if you were caught with as a bong full of grass, you would probably do time. That might be exagerating, but things sure have changed.

They still arrest Americans for small amts I guess it is just the Mexican drug smugglers they give a pass to, I say we fire the whole dam government and start all over! No wonder our country is losing the war on drugs with our gov. being one of the largest dealers or enablers of it!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

MW
    Marijuana Law info...and more!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marijuana law of the United States of America
    Global outlooks on marijuana law are beyond the scope here, so only the US marijuana law is given a general overview.

General Marijuana Law of the United States of America

According to marijuana law possession of marijuana is an arrestable offense. For possession of an amount of one kilogram (2.2 lbs) or less, the crime is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000. For possession of any amount over one kilogram, the crime is a felony, punishable by 1 - 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000.

The U.S. marijuana law states that the sale, cultivation or manufacture of marijuana, by law is a felony offense. If the amount is one kilogram or less, the mandatory minimum sentence is three years in prison and a fine of up to $25,000. For an amount greater than one kilogram but less than 100 lbs, the sentence is a minimum of five years in prison and a fine of up to $50,000. For an amount up to 500 lbs, the sentence is a minimum of 15 years in prison and a fine of up to $200,000. Any amount of 1,000 lbs or greater is punishable by life without the possibility of parole.

The penalties for sale of marijuana, according to the marijuana law, are enhanced if the sale takes place within a three-mile radius of a school or public housing project, adding five years to the sentence for the sale. Sale to minors (under 1 can increase the penalty by 10 years to life in prison, and no suspension or probation can be granted.

The possession or sale of drug paraphernalia, according to marijuana law, is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $2,000. If the paraphernalia is sold to a minor at least three years younger than the seller, the penalty becomes a felony and is punishable by 2 - 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.

The marijuana law also states that any conviction for possession, sale, manufacture or cultivation also results in the suspension of the offender's driver's license for a period of six months.

The contents of this site are for historical, educational, and scientific reference only.

More on Marijuana
    http://www.growing-marijuana-seeds.com/ ... a-law.html

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn