Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush quid-pro quo deal with Mexico?

How strange that suddenly the MEXICAN SUPREME COURT determines that the TV DUOPOLY of TV Azteca and Televisa is unconstitutional. So now this opens up the TV market to new/foreign investments...

I bet we will see some more businesses opening up to new investors, including foreign ones. I bet that the state-owned Oil Monopoly PEMEX will be opened up by the time that Bush leaves office, and I bet that the Bush family will be in the forefront of a consortium of foreign investors putting many billions into PEMEX... which is known to require billions in infrastructure upgrades, to stem the decreasing output of oil.

I bet Bush made the deal: Mexico gets a COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM, and the US/BUSH gets to invest in newly opened Mexican industries...

what do you think?
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

Definitely possible.

Just the other day I was talking to a lady who wasn't even that tuned in to the immigration battle. She said she never watches the news. But regarding President Bush's refusal to enforce our immigration laws, she said, "You know I'd sure like to know what's REALLY going on between him and Mexico. It sure seems strange."

And she is a Bush SUPPORTER and she made that comment.

So people ARE wondering. Curious minds WANT TO KNOW.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I believe your right and I believe that is why we are in Iraq. OIL!

Paige
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

I believe your right and I believe that is why we are in Iraq. OIL!
    For me personally, the oil argument, it just doesn't fit for me on Iraq. But it fits real comfortably for me regarding Mexico.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Bush quid-pro quo deal with Mexico?

I thought Calderon was firmly AGAINST opening up PEMEX to foreign investment, which makes sense to me. I for one, wouldn't want any foreign companies owning rights to US oil resources.

Quote Originally Posted by mdillon1172
    How strange that suddenly the MEXICAN SUPREME COURT determines that the TV DUOPOLY of TV Azteca and Televisa is unconstitutional. So now this opens up the TV market to new/foreign investments...

I bet we will see some more businesses opening up to new investors, including foreign ones. I bet that the state-owned Oil Monopoly PEMEX will be opened up by the time that Bush leaves office, and I bet that the Bush family will be in the forefront of a consortium of foreign investors putting many billions into PEMEX... which is known to require billions in infrastructure upgrades, to stem the decreasing output of oil.

I bet Bush made the deal: Mexico gets a COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM, and the US/BUSH gets to invest in newly opened Mexican industries...

what do you think?
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Calderon is more 'free market' oriented... the Mex Congress has to change the law about foreign investments in Mexican infrastructure...I am betting they will have to do so as PEMEX is suffering annual reduction in production efficiencies due to a crumbling infrastructure... they need between 20 and 30 Billion...

Of course, Carlos "Billionaire" Slim could write a check for that much and still have $30B left over...
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"