Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush sells us down river with Columbia pact

Bush sells us down river with Columbia pact

April 18, 2008

Guess what our beloved president is up to now? If he gets his way we - the United States - are going to send more jobs out of the country.

The only thing about it is most of the manufacturing jobs in the United States are already gone. What is left are all of the people who work in clerical and office positions, who were sitting there and laughing at the manufacturing people who lost their jobs. They had better start worrying now.

How easy would it be for a major office to get somebody to send up a satellite into orbit and hook up the phones. That could very well be possible if George Bush gets his way and gets the new free trade act with Colombia, South America.

Hey, everybody should love George Bush, he is out to take care of us.

Yes, he is going to take care of us alright - he and the rest of the federal government are selling and will sell us down the river.

Just remember this when you go to the store and buy any kind of a non-edible item, look and see where it is made. More than likely it isn't made in the USA.

Mike E. Stretch

Bloomington

www.pantagraph.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I disagree. Colombia is not Mexico, China or India. What country is cheapest? China. Why would you go to Colombia where the minumum wage is $200 a month when you can go to China?

I know a fair amount about Colombia. With everything that is going on in Venezuela and Ecuador with these leftist communists, Colombia is the one staunch ally the U.S. has left in South America although Garcia in Peru is fond of the US.

What does Panama, Puerto Rico, Guantanamo BayCuba and Manta, Ecuador have in common? U.S. military bases have closed or are closing. This is a loss of US power in the region.....it can come back and hurt we AMERICANS when you lose POWER in the region.

The damage is already done with Nafta, China and India.

This is one agreement that I think should pass but in general I don't like these agreements either NAFTA is fine with Canada but corrupt, unjust dirt poor Mexico? NOPE!

BTW Other than flowers there are few made in Colombia products here in America. They fear our farm exports if tariffs are removed! Mexico is closer to us and transport is cheaper. Jobs have left Mexico for China.

Colombia or the US will not fall off the map if Congress finally says NO to one of these things but using Colombia as the example would be a mistake in my opinion for reasons I mention above!

BUY AMERICAN if you can? Look for made in the USA on all your purchases! Email the comany and tell them you want made in the USA!