Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Titus,

You are so right. We have enough troops for a two front war. Right now, I bet we don't even have half of what we can throw at Iraq over there. America has military out the woo hoo. Let's put them to work doing something they might actually like doing. Defending the homeland against foreign invaders. How honorable is that! Very in my book.

Dixie
    they are talking out of both sides of their mouth. We don't have enough troops to put on the border, BUT we have enough troops to invade Iran ...

The National Guard is generally under the control of the state governors, but Guard units can be federalized by the president . . .
    funny, I thought the Constitution gave Congress the power to "call" the guard into actual service of the United States -- the President is the 'Commander in Chief' AFTER the fact, not before
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Maybe I am just being paranoid but bringing the military into the picture just may be dangerous.
    Just because you are paranoid, it does not mean that someone is not out to get you.

I have heard reports that boarder patrol guards are monitoring and relaying the positions of minute men volunteers. -instead of doing their jobs.

Several times our military has demonstrated the ability to deploy close to 1 million troops to a country thousands of miles away in a single day.
    So we should not overlook the possibility of the Army securing the border, while the Air force shuttles them in to the country on C-130's.
    Democrat or Republican, they are all politicians.

I do not understand why anyone would build houses that close to a countrys boarder. That is beyond me.
    We can scrape them off, like they did on the West Bank.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If one looks at the charter as to why the Federal Government was instituted in the first place, the PRIMARY rule for it's existence is to provide for the defense of OUR BORDERS, for protection of the lives of those WITHIN CONUS (Military term for CONtinental United States)

All of this other garbage they have our troops doing all around the world other than here is just what I called it - garbage. We have nuclear weapons as a diversion to those in other nations who have them also. We HAVE the technology and the ability to create anti-missile defenses here in our country and don't NEED military in other countries - period. If we had all of our troops here guarding the borders, and IF we had a government which respected the 2nd amendment - I assure you with an armed population, it would be a horrifying idea to contemplate an invasion here on our soil.

People, everything in the Constitution was written for a very important purpose. The founding forefathers KNEW that without following those rules found therein, we would eventually come full circle back to where they were at their time in history.
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

everything in the Constitution
    Do we still have a constitution?
    Or have we adopted Mexico's?

Not that many of our politicians often refer to our constitution, but the one that you never here them mention is the right that we have as Americans to replace our government at any time we see fit.

- And that scares the hell out of them, which is probably the real reason they are now listening in on domestic phone conversations and intercepting email messages.

the Constitution is the thing we have in our favor -- unfortunately for them we know how to read it
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

do not understand why anyone would build houses that close to a countrys boarder. That is beyond me.
    The location has an excellent view of the peasants who are sneaking in to our country.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123