Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA. Del Mar CEO in trouble for threatening to kill President-elect Trump

Del Mar CEO in trouble for threatening to kill President-elect Trump

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 5:20 PM PST Updated: Nov 14, 2016 5:31 PM PST
    By Brandon Lewis, Reporter Connect

DEL MAR (CNS) - A San Diego-area cybersecurity firm announced Monday the suspension of its chief executive over social media comments he made about assassinating President-elect Donald Trump.

PacketSled
    President and CEO Matt Harrigan admitted to posting the seemingly threatening rhetoric -- including the statement, "I'm going to kill the president. Elect." -- on his Facebook page as voting results were coming in Tuesday night, though he would later describe his remarks as a "flawed joke."

The Del Mar-based company posted a statement on its website stating that it "takes recent comments made by our CEO seriously."

"Once we were made aware of these comments, we immediately reported this information to the Secret Service and will cooperate fully with any inquiries. These comments do not reflect the views or opinions of PacketSled, its employees, investors or partners. Our CEO has been placed on administrative leave."

In Harrigan's online rant, which was subsequently deleted but later reappeared in screenshots on Reddit, he wrote that he would be "getting a sniper rifle and perching myself where it counts."

Apparently addressing Trump, the post continued, "Find a bedroom in the whitehouse (sic) that suits you (expletive). I'll find you."

When a Facebook friend suggested that the comments could provoke a federal investigation, Harrigan replied, "Bring it. Bring it secret service."

Harrigan also posted, "In no uncertain terms, f--- you America. Seriously. F--- off," and "Really San Diego? Trump? Go f--- yourself San Diego."

On Sunday, Harrigan apologized on Twitter for what he characterized as an ill-conceived attempt at humor.

"My humble apologies that a flawed joke has become public/out of context," he wrote. "My poor judgement (sic) does not represent the views of packetsled, customers, investors or the officers of packetsled. I have no malicious intention towards the (president-elect), and apologize to all for my lack of judgement (sic) and offensive commentary. I wish you all well."

It was not immediately clear if the statements had prompted an official law enforcement investigation.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/33708091/d...nt-elect-trump

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

PacketSled CEO Matt Harrigan resigns over Trump assassination threat

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Tuesday, November 15, 2016

The chief executive of a San Diego-area cybersecurity firm has resigned after threatening on Facebook to assassinate President-elect Donald Trump.

“I’m going to kill the president. Elect,” PacketSled President and CEO Matt Harrigan wrote on election night on his now-deleted Facebook page, according to screenshots posted on Reddit.

When someone commented, “You just need to get high,” Mr. Harrigan responded, “Nope, getting a sniper rifle and perching myself where it counts. Find a bedroom in the White House that suits you, [expletive]. I’ll find you.”

Mr. Harrigan later apologized on Twitter for using “poor judgment.”

“My humble apologies that a flawed joke has become public/out of context,” he wrote in a series of tweets. “My poor judgement [sic] does not represent the views of @packetsled… customers, investors or the officers of PacketSled, I have no malicious intention toward the #POTUS and apologize to all for my lack of judgement [sic] and offensive commentary. I wish you all well,” he added.

Mr. Harrigan’s resignation took effect immediately, according to a company statement issued Tuesday. PacketSled’s Chief Technology Officer, Fred Wilmot, will serve as interim CEO while the board of directors searches for a permanent replacement, a local Fox News affiliate reported.

“We want to be very clear, PacketSled does not condone the comments made by Mr. Harrigan, which do not reflect the views or opinions of the company, its employees, investors or partners,” the company said.

In a statement Monday, the company said that it had “immediately reported” Mr. Harrigan’s comments to the Secret Service.
    The U.S. Secret Service said it was aware of the situation, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...over-trump-as/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn