Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAFTA

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

jlo

CAFTA

Google FTAA or CAFTA and it will give you a better picture as to why our president is warmly welcoming the idea of open borders...

Maybe this is off topic, but has anybody ever read 'The Jungle' by Upton Sinclair? If you haven't I would recommend it. It kinda reminds me of what we have going on now. Politicians in bed with corporations in bed with law enforcement. There is no middle class, everybody is just a worker, and disposable. Scary...

That is exactly it - but I can't seem to get too many people even thinking about it.

Yet, they realize there are big problems, but feel powerless to do anything about it.

It is so hard to convince people that something as simple as not buying poultry products could make a difference.

My husband just talked to an elderly lady on a meager SS income. She was telling him that she kept detailed records of everything she spent - down to the penny. He said she showed him her books. She bought exactly the same thing every month in groceries - and her grocery bill has been creeping up. It is $50 a month higher than it was 6 months ago.

He told her about the poultry boycott and suggested she boycott poultry. She told him she was sorry, but she couldn't afford to pass up .49 cent chicken.

There are big problems in this country and I think most people just feel it is overwhelming.

It is hard to make them see - it is now or never.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Have a look at this article by Phyllis Schlafly:

http://www.eagleforum.org/column/2005/j ... 07-13.html

The regulars on this Forum are well aware of the NAFTA, CAFTA, and soon to come FTAA treaties and illegal immigration.

William Gheen has been out in front of this issue for a long time.
    Is this Mexico or the USA

He told her about the poultry boycott and suggested she boycott poultry. She told him she was sorry, but she couldn't afford to pass up .49 cent chicken.

There are big problems in this country and I think most people just feel it is overwhelming.
    I read a post by CountFloyd on another page awhile ago that said that children are the best receptacles for propaganda in response to something about schools teaching kids misinformation for many generations now.

His statement is very true. This woman you mention, probably educated during the cold war, is a classic example. People are not willing to accept that their own government would collectively and deliberately work against the people as a whole. I have a problem accepting that as it is often presented even though I see evidence all around me that it is so.

Another thing that is damaging to making people see is the hard sell. People who rant and rave look like fanatics. Many of those people, I won't even read what they have to say.

Most elderly people have an image of Hitler ranting and raving in their heads that tells them it is very dangerous to follow a fanatic. That is just fact.

When I hear certain groups being slammed as subversive (for example, the Masons and the Boy Scouts) I get leery of the messages as well as the messenger.

We need the people in this delivery system who can present a reasonable argument without looking like fanatics, communists or facists.

At the same time, we need some of those hard sell types to reach the people who need to be hit over the head with a ton of bricks to see the light.

It is just a matter of identifying the method necessary to reach those you are trying to reach and not letting people trip the triggers that render us ineffective by turning us into angry fanatics.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

people are too afraid

I am so sick of all the passive people. It is not just older people either. My husband is 23 years old and I fight with him constantly about this issue. He is very upset about all that is happening but seems to think that somehow everything will work out. I tried to tell him that the government has turned on us and that we have to fight this battle ourselves. I just think he is so passive and thinks that our government will take care of us because nothing bad every really happens to America.

I just think he is so passive and thinks that our government will take care of us because nothing bad every really happens to America.

I know what you are saying, againstillegals, but it is the faith in that government to take care of us that started way back when that makes people passive. Figuring out how to shatter that blind faith and get them moving is a real problem.

Re: CAFTA

Quote Originally Posted by jlo
    Google FTAA or CAFTA and it will give you a better picture as to why our president is warmly welcoming the idea of open borders...

Maybe this is off topic, but has anybody ever read 'The Jungle' by Upton Sinclair? If you haven't I would recommend it. It kinda reminds me of what we have going on now. Politicians in bed with corporations in bed with law enforcement. There is no middle class, everybody is just a worker, and disposable. Scary...
    Nope you are not off topic. We fought hard against it as well, we will fight (at least I will) against the FTAA as well. And lets not forget the UN's Agenda 21. They are all connected. That is how I got started with ALIPAC, I was fighting CAFTA and the open boarders kept coming up. I put two and two together and came up with four. Do a search in the Archives of ALIPAC and you will see how hard we all fought against it.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Ok, I don't want to get political - that would be counterproductive.

The 'government will take care of us' began during the depression - for many, many people. They passed that along to their offsprings (the yellow dog democrats) and then along came the 60's and 70's and everyone was just assured 'the government' would take care of everything.

I was blessed with a set of grandparents and a mother who was very cynical of the government. I was not taught to put my faith in them - rather to be wary of the government.

Maybe it was a curse instead of a blessing. Sometimes I think ignorance is bliss.

No, it isn't just the elderly - in fact, I think the younger set are worse.

My son tells me , "Mom, I just can't worry about that all the time. I have a new business I am trying to get going, a wife in ill health and 3 small children. If I get myself upset and my concentration on that, we won't survive."

I see his point - and it is hard for me to make him see that all his work, etc., won't matter unless something is done.

So, no it isn't just the elderly - I do think the common thread running through all of it is the feeling of helplessness and that nothing they can do will matter.

My son is passing the word around about the boycott.

Some man he was talking to saw him the next day and said,

"Hey I Googled Poultry Boycott and read all about it."

So, he is helping ------

This is what CAFTA means to the US.

I hope all you folks in the heartland like rapid change.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast