Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CAFTA FIGHT AND REPORTING DEADLINE

I hope that each ALIPAC forum user is fully engaged in our fight against CAFTA. Time is almost out. They vote on Tuesday. We need every fighter on the walls!

CAFTA Opposition Effort.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-28018.html#28018

Also, I hope everyone here is on our e-mail alerts list and received the notice about contributions to ALIPAC. We need every dollar we can get in before Friday. The contribution must be made electronically or arrive in the mail by Friday afternoon to count on our next reports due June 30.

We have several outstanding pledges that have NOT come in yet. Please take action on this today if you have not already.

William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Date: Monday, June 27, 2005

To: United States Senate
    Elizabeth Dole
    Phone: 202-224-6342; Fax: 202-224-1100

Subject: VOTE NO ON CAFTA

Dear Senator Dole,

I am an industrial real estate broker in North Carolina that works with companies nationally and have been in economic development related activites professionally for almost 30 years and am requesting that you RECONSIDER your position on CAFTA. My County has lost 3000 manufacturing jobs since 2003; we have 9% unemployment; and are flooded daily with immigrants. There is no job market here to assist Central America without dramatically depriving our citizens. The free low of labor, people and goods clause of CAFTA will increase the flood of foreign nationals into the US and into NC flooding our job markets, increasing unemployment, and reducing the number of jobs available with the exporting of plants, investments and jobs to Central America as provided for and encouraged by the treaty document.

CAFTA is in effect open borders legislation and the end of the United States as a sovereign territory.

I am a 4th generation Republican and have stood by the GOP and its candidates my entire life, but there are things going on led by GOP officials that I do not understand and oppose with all my heart and soul and CAFTA is one of these.

We are in jeopardy in the United States with the uncontrolled immigration problem and CAFTA will be the nail in the coffin.

The President was quoted as saying that he believes the American Worker can compete with any Nation any time, any where.

Well....American Workers COULD compete if they had the jobs, but they are helpless if all the new jobs are being filled by foreign nationals, illegal aliens and immigrants and they are LOSING THEIR JOBS to outsourcing and a labor market flooded with foreign nationals.

That is the intended consequences of CAFTA.

There is no upside to CAFTA for the American People.

Please reconsider your position and VOTE NO ON CAFTA tomorrow.

"A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation." Ronald Reagan.

Best regards,

Judy
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Richard Burr - ATTN: Ethan Winfield
    Phone: 202-224-3154
    Fax: 202-228-2981

Pages: 2

Subject: VOTE NO ON CAFTA - Convince Elizabeth Dole to Vote No

Dear Senator Burr,

It is my understanding that you intend to VOTE NO ON CAFTA tomorrow. Please hang in there and hold on. I understand the President is working hard to negotiate various "incentives" for Senators and Congressman voting No in an attempt to get their vote.

If there is something you need, tell us what it is and we'll make sure you get the funding for North Carolina. Please do not trade your NO VOTE ON CAFTA for some carrot dangled by the White House.

I have been in economic development for almost 30 years and know that CAFTA is wrong for the United States. This treaty has an open borders clause for the free-flow of people, labor and goods into the United States which will flood us with immigrants our economy can not sustain. This treaty opens the door for reverse investment from the US to Central America which is the clause that will drain manufacturing from US Locations and have them relocated to Central America. Between the loss of investment, plant closings being relocated, and the immigrant flood, Americans will lose many more jobs, including North Carolinians, and will experience dramatic deflation in wages and salaries of jobs remaining.

"A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation". Ronald Reagan

Free Trade is a misnomer. There is a price and a cost and Americans pay it. We're done. This is our system, the best economic and business system in the world that has built wealth, prosperity, and economic development throughout our nation for decades with regulated trade. Americans are no longer willing to pay the price or absorb the cost to our society of free trade agreements. They are in essence placing us on a path to a Third World Economy at many levels of our society. Americans do not want open borders legislation and CAFTA is just that with the free flow of people, labor and goods provisions.

My County in North Carolina has 9% unemployment; has lost 3000 manufacturing jobs since 2003; and is presently being flooded with immigrants. There are no jobs here sufficient to employ them and Americans. If we are flooded with more immigrants from Central America and lose more industry to outsourcing and reverse investment, economic disaster is imminent.

Please hold on to your position and VOTE NO ON CAFTA.

Please also speak with Elizabeth Dole. I have contacted her office and sent her a fax requesting she RECONSIDER her position.

I believe the Farm Bureau convinced her there was some benefit to them. We are selling all the food grown and produced in North Carolina. There are no crops rotting in the field unsold. There is no need for additional farm markets at the high price and unaffordable cost to American Society that CAFTA will generate.

Thank you for standing up for the American People, the American Worker and the United States.

Best regards,

Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Kit Bond (Attn: Macey Small or Melissa Ray)
    Phone: 202-224-5721
    Fax: 202-224-8149

Pages: 2

Subject: VOTE NO ON CAFTA and Call Me Please!!

Dear Kit,

It's been awhile since we worked together, but I need your help to defeat CAFTA. I'm in North Carolina now on an industrial redevelopment project. Our County, which is a small county of about 80,000 and a main city which is only 45,000 in total population has lost 3000 manufacturing jobs since 2003. Our county has 9% unemployment yet we are flooded daily with illegal immigrants. As jobs are outsourced and transitioned and unemployed Americans need to apply for the new jobs the little economy is generating in other sectors like service, retail and construction, they are completely shut out from these opportunities by a sophisticated illegal labor trade and network.

CAFTA has open border clauses allowing for the "free flow of people, labor and goods into the United States". This means the United States will be flooded with another set of immigrants in volumes our society can not sustain because our economy can not provide the jobs or incomes needed to support this expanded population. The jobs simply are not here and won't be.

CAFTA also opens the door to American companies to invest in Central America which means that many of our manufacturing corporations will look to Central America as the new home for their plant to enjoy the lower wage rate and perhaps lighter regulatory load. This will hurt Americans when their plant they are employed in is closed and the production moved to a new plant in Central America.

CAFTA is actually Open Borders Legislation. Americans are vehemently opposed to this, yet the White House presses on.

You know I am a 4th generation Republican and this is the first agenda I have opposed and I oppose it with all my heart, mind, soul and 30 years of experience in industrial development.

I also understand that you are working hard to secure funding for new locks and dams apparently needed on the Mississippi. I know Missouri needs this and these updgrades will benefit all of America through improvements to our waterways and transportation on them. We will help you get that funding as it is right and sorely needed for the benefit of all America. Please do not trade a no vote on CAFTA for that funding should the President dangle that carrot.

Also, with respect to the agricultural interests, some of which support CAFTA. Our farmers are selling everything they are growing. There are no crops rotting in the field unsold. Additional markets are fine so long as they have the products to sell, but to burden the American Worker and the American People and the United States with the adverse consequences of CAFTA to sell a few more beans to a third world group of nations, doesn't make economic or political sense to me.

Elizabeth Dole has dissappointingly allied with some farm interest and is supporting CAFTA. I have contacted her and requested a RECONSIDERATION of that position, but believe she needs to hear from her colleagues in the United States Senate.

Much needs to be done to help American Farmers, but CAFTA is not the right means to provide that help. CAFTA is in fact anti-farmer because as CAFTA explodes our population with low income or zero income residents, it will deplete the acreage available for farming use as housing and service developments are constructed on valuable farmland to accommodate them, largely at public expense, and is in essence working at cross-purposes with the long-standing American policy to sustain agriculture production and preserve farmland to meet our Nation's Food and Environmental Requirements.

I look forward to speaking with you about this critical issue for America as it draws to a vote tomorrow. Please consider my input and VOTE NO ON CAFTA. If you have time, I would appreciate your speaking with Elizabeth Dole and working with her to glean her support to incinerate this obnoxious legislation. Thanks Kit. You know that if I promise to help you secure the funding for the locks and dams Missouri and our Nation need, that you can count on a full court press on my part to get that done!!

Best regards,

Judy

Good Luck

Good luck, Judy, on your plea to Senator Dole. I hope you will read the message I just posted about her response to all of my communications concerning illegal immigration.

She will vote however Bush tells her to vote on EVERY issue. There is no doubt in my mind that we will not change her mind on CAFTA even though her state is one of the ones most affected by WTO, NAFTA and next it will be CAFTA. She must feel that she owes Bush more for getting her elected that she does her constituents.

I have written Congressman Coble about CAFTA and received a reply from him yesterday in which he stated that his intention, at that time, was to vote AGAINST CAFTA. He seems to "get it" that North Carolina has suffered from the other "FREE trade agreements". He said that he had supported NAFTA but seemed to regret it and says that CAFTA is MUCH worse.

Keep up the good work.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Letter to Richard Burr

Below is the message that I just sent to Senator Richard Burr. I wrote an even more scathing one to Senator Dole but forgot to do the copy and paste thingie!!!

I have been watching the Senate speeches on CAFTA today and, so far, I haven't seen you. I hope I haven't missed your speech in which you say that you just can't, in good conscience, vote for this bill that would just do even more damage to the state that you represent than has already been done by WTO and NAFTA. I know we can't blame you on either of those two but, if this one passes and you vote for it, I wouldn't give two cents for your chances for reelection.

While I'm at it--I was STUNNED to see that your website is set up in Spanish as well as English. What are you THINKING???? Do you not think we have enough problems with people--both legal and illegal--coming to our country and refusing to speak our language without you actually encouraging it? I find this disgusting and I am going to post this on my ALIPAC website. I'm sure you will be hearing from a lot of your constituents who are members of Americans for Legal Immigration.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Why in the world is the vote being delayed almost every day? Is it because they don't want to vote on it until they know it will pass? If that's not manipulating the system, I don't know what would be. Vote on this nonsense and be done with it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Why in the world is the vote being delayed almost every day? Is it because they don't want to vote on it until they know it will pass? If that's not manipulating the system, I don't know what would be. Vote on this nonsense and be done with it.

I just got an email telling me that Senator Burr of NC is now now voting for CAFTA. I will be calling Mr Burr first thing in the am.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Foxnews is reporting that it has passed in the Senate. I could be wrong or iam reading it wrong.

Pro

I am FURIOUS. Senator Burr DID give a speech and he said he was going to vote for it. WHAT A TRAITOR and LIAR. He had said that he probably wouldn't support it but I will guarantee that he was bought by the White House. I am going to write him a SCATHING letter in just a minute.

As to why they were pushing the vote yesterday--Senator Dorgan said that he just KNEW that this is what they would do. He said that they would wait until they were getting ready to recess, bring it up and then not give them but a day to debate it. I heard that Bush was calling all of the Republicans and urging them to vote for it and that he was promising them all kinds of stuff to support it. I am INFURIATED that our elected officials are being BOUGHT and are NOT representing their constituency.

I'm SURE that Senator Dole voted for it because she is nothing but a Bush sycophant. But, I really had hopes for Burr. I guess we can't count on him for the illegal immigration issue either. I got SO SICK of listening to him talk about why CAFTA was GOOD for his state that I finally changed the channel.

I bet it did pass but, so far this morning, I haven't heard any news.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast