Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California Members Listen Up Chuck DeVore Running US Senate

Just got this in an email. I'll be working for him on the ground. Whatever I can do to help will be a pleasure. I would love to see Boxer knocked out of office. I'm adopting the same attitude that Chaffetz in Utah had, a grassroots swell to victory. If anyone is interested in how we can coordinate or have suggestions PM me.

This is someone we can support. This man has fought for us against illegal immigration in CA. He has fought drivers licenses, the CA Dream Act (giving illegals college tuition), he stood up for the E-verify program that the Democrat Assembly tried to push through to PROHIBIT cities, counties, and the state using to verify that social security numbers actually belonged to an applicant for employment. This is a man we can support. Let's adopt a YES WE CAN attitude on this. We need help in CA and he's one of the best.

Today, at 1pm, I am announcing the start of a two-year long effort to defeat Barbara Boxer. You can immediately help us -- even if it's with only $10, at:
    http://www.chuckdevore.com/action/contribute.php. The press has already started to cover the race (see below). You can see the announcement live online at: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/californi ... .s.-senate.

I am a candidate for the United States Senate in 2010. California deserves strong, active, and conservative representation in Washington, D.C. By 2010, an entire generation of Californians will have been born and grown to voting age, never having known a principled conservative — to say nothing of a Republican — representing them in the United States Senate. In 2010, we will change that.

I am a candidate for the United States Senate because I love America and its founding principles. My politics and my public career testify to my belief in those principles.

I believe our natural rights are inherent to our humanity, not a grant from government.

I believe the role of government is limited to securing our rights from external danger and internal lawlessness.

I believe that when government exceeds this mandate, our liberty is at risk. As George Washington said, "Government is not reason, it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

I believe that for too long now, our elected representatives have softly encouraged us to give up our independence to government. Year after year, we see government's responsibilities grow while our personal liberty shrinks.

This terrible progression of state power at the expense of our natural liberties is not purely the fault of Democrats. There are plenty of Republicans who bear blame as well — as we have seen here in California, and in Washington, D.C., over the past decade.

I am confident we will win that fight. I am confident that when Californians have a real choice between me and Barbara Boxer — it will be an easy choice for them.

You see, I want Californians to keep their hard-earned money.

I want to lower fuel and energy costs by producing more of America's oil, and building modern, safe and reliable nuclear power plants.

I want to rein in runaway Federal spending.

I want to bring a conservative leadership to Washington, D.C., that actually works.

California is my home, and I love it second only to my God and my family. Like so many, I came here as a child, when my family decided to earn their piece of the California dream. I worked my way through that dream, paying for my own college as a union carpenter, and serving in the United States Army. That dream has been good to us, and I am a candidate for the United States Senate because I want to restore it and defend it.

We have a long road ahead. But I know that with the grace of God, the courage of our convictions, and the blessings of the good people of California, our best days are yet to come.

Thank you, and may God bless our great state.

Chuck DeVore
    California State Assemblyman, 70th District
    www.ChuckDeVore.com
    Be a supporter: www.facebook.com/pages/Chuck-DeVore/22771210763
    Contribute: http://www.chuckdevore.com/action/contribute.php

Sacramento Bee
    http://www.sacbee.com/capitolandcalifor ... 90002.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I read that in the paper today also. Glad to hear that. I just think that no republican or half-way conservative can win in this State. Too many liberals and illegals. Hopefully we can win some hispanics over and topple her though. She is AWFUL!!!

Im in. I can't stand Boxer. I think he will have a tough fight against her tho. Will do what I can...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I called his office. Let's see what they say and give me. I'm spreading it to my friends in S. CA and even north of us. We have liberals up here who are fed up with with these people. I'm willing to work. Never done it before BUT hey neither did the people who worked for Obama.

Thanks GoGo for the heads up. This sounds great. I will do what I can financially and definately spread the word. If we can defeat Boxer, then we will surely turn the tide in this state. I'm also backing Walter Moore who is running for mayor in March of 09. He has received quite alot of donations lately. Little by little we will win this state back!

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    Thanks GoGo for the heads up. This sounds great. I will do what I can financially and definately spread the word. If we can defeat Boxer, then we will surely turn the tide in this state. I'm also backing Walter Moore who is running for mayor in March of 09. He has received quite alot of donations lately. Little by little we will win this state back!
    I'm willing to put signs out for him anything he wants except gogo dance.