Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We have very, very few Mom & Pop businesses left in S. California. They have been put out of business by the lawless companies.

I have another long story about that. We have operated a family run delivery business in CA for about 30 years. When our competitors began using illegal workers, we stood our ground and continued to follow employment laws. We fought our competitors tooth and nail - we let every governing organization know what was going on. We told the major corporations that we work for what was going on. No one cared.

The details are spread out over 6 years, too much to say here. This year the story has basically ended, and we have lost. Our competitor grew so rich and powerful from his illegal actions that he could afford to pocket a few legislators and receive protection. Our competitor continues to this day, he has taken over the entire delivery industry in CA. We, on the other hand, are 1/16 of our original size with over 100 jobs taken from our unskilled citizen employees and given (by our competitor) to unskilled illegal employees. Our competitor makes them pay their own taxes, that is if the illegal alien files a tax return. Bottom line is nobody is paying the taxes now.

i live in old town orange, ca. i know what you're saying to be mostly true, but there are still mom and pop operations around here.

You ought to put what happened to the family business down on paper. Get the story out there. Or maybe get it on the John & Ken show.

A friend of mine bought carpet from Home Depot - The mexicans they sent did a good job except they did not install the carpet pad. the could not speak a word of English.

I think English is necessary for communicating imortant building codes and safety issues along with general instructions. New Houses burn down left and right here in Atlanta

I am in no way defending illegals. But - As a single woman I have been ripped off more by the American MoM & Pop business. So many over quote and do such a half ass job thinking you won't catch on. They don't show up and have more business than they can do.

Americans workers need to keep their costs fair and do a great job. Then there would be no reason to call an illegal.

In Atlanta, there is so much work and so few qualified American workers - contractors take advantage of you at every turn.

High school dropouts should be required to finish school or go to a vocational school or work at farms. We need some skilled laborers in the work force.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Yes, there are Americans who will take advantage of you, and there is no excuse.

One of the reason, however, there are so few Americans is they can't compete with the illegals. American workers have a lot more expenses, licenses, taxes, etc., than do illegals.

Many Americans have moved on to other things - so the field is open for the illegals and the charlatans.

No one has said that Americans are all honest and honorable - but they are Americans - and it is their country. For most of them, their ancestors fought for, bled for, died for this country. They maintained, sustained and respected it. Those who are recent Americans came here the legal way.

Maybe if the illegals were gone, more decent Americans could get back into business, we wouldn't have to worry about so many dishonest people.

The illegals are here illegally. Some are good people, some are not. Some work hard, some don't. But they are illegal.

That is just the bottom line.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12