I don't know if this has been previously posted, and administrators; if I've posted in the wrong section please move to the appropriate place. I came across this the other day on the Defend California Initiative. If any of you are registered voters in California and are interested you might want to download and distribute the petitions. Here's the brief about the Initiative:

he Defend California Initiative has four major elements.

1. The government shall not authorize or provide driver's licenses or government identification cards, in-state college tuition discounts, welfare and other tax-funded benefits to illegal aliens.

2. The State must defend this amendment against any and all challenges in state or federal court.

3. Private citizens have the right to sue the State or local government to insure compliance with this amendment.

4. Government officials and elected officials who willfully violate this amendment may be held personally liable for the costs of litigation.

The Defend California Initiative puts the power back into the hands of the people by giving them the ability to enforce violations of this constitutional amendment, and hold those who violate the amendment personally liable for damages.

This initiative specifically exempts any benefits that are required under federal law.
Here's the link:

http://www.defendcalifornia.com/initiative.html