Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Call # & pw for DREAM act conf call. TODAY @ 9:00 pm EST

Call in and listen to what the pro-amnesty lobby is plotting!
    We need to know what they know, in order to defeit this Nightmare act.

DiegoNSanchez Join @RI4A & Rep Gutierrez w/ Sens Durbin & Menendez for an update on the DREAM Act a 9PM Eastern. Call 888-886-6603 & use code 16030#
    8 minutes ago via web

bump

Blasted this in the "What You Can Do" section of my website. Hopefully a couple of people took the opportunity to eavesdrop on what the open borders crowd is doing.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

I listened in.

Mostly a cheer parade on what the pro-DREAMers are doing to put pressure on the Senate.

They claim that 170,000 calls in favor of DREAM were made.

The only important information that was said was told by Sen. Durbin, and that is that he expects DREAM will be voted before Christmas. Most likely next week.

Be ready during that week to fax/phone senators.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    I listened in.

Mostly a cheer parade on what the pro-DREAMers are doing to put pressure on the Senate.

They claim that 170,000 calls in favor of DREAM were made.

The only important information that was said was told by Sen. Durbin, and that is that he expects DREAM will be voted before Christmas. Most likely next week.

Be ready during that week to fax/phone senators.
    They can make 1 million calls If they want to.... If the Republicans stick together there Is no way that this will pass.... There are 5 or 6 DEMOCRATS that will probably vote no.... Dream on.....

I've made 1000 calls myself, and I speak english.
    Don't get me wrong they have a #no. that counts as yes when you call!
    TS hook me up with one of those DAWG!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    UNDECLARED BUT LEANING YES

202-224-3121

ALASKA
    Sen. Murkowski (R)
    No statement on her web site and no media quotes. Daily Kos says multiple whips counts have her as a likely supporter. Most of the PRO-amnesty groups are counting her as a YES.

LOUISIANA
    Sen. Landrieu (D)
    She indicates that the House bill needs to be considered because it has some changes (suggesting that she will claim the House bill closes loopholes). She talks of major concern for the "children."

MICHIGAN
    Sen. Stabenow (D)
    She was a certain YES on cloture to start debate. But she has not indicated whether she would vote YES to end debate and thus pass the bill. She is up for re-election in 2012 in a state that turned sharply Republican in the 2010 elections. Now (as noted above), we are facing only a cloture vote to END debate. PRO-amnesty forces count her as theirs. But I don't think she has to be at all.

MISSOURI
    Sen. McCaskill (D)
    McCaskill has a wide-ranging interview on her web site. Appears to be leaning toward yes but its non-committal. She says (1) we have never punished children, (2) this is a different bill than the one I voted against, and (3) if this bill is more narrowly drawn, I will take a serious look at it. She needs to be reminded that any amnesty support will certainly show up when she tries to be re-elected in 2012 by a state that went sharply Republican in the 2010 elections.

NORTH DAKOTA
    Sen. Dorgan (D)
    He was a certain YES on cloture to start debate. But he has not indicated whether he would vote YES to end debate and thus pass the bill. Now (as noted above), we are facing only a cloture vote to END debate. In the past, he has been one of our most reliable NO votes on amnesty. But he is retiring and acting squishy. PRO-amnesty forces are counting him as theirs. I don't think that has to be true at all.

Banned
    UNDECLARED BUT LEANING NO

202-224-3121

These Senators' staff continually tell our members that they will vote NO. But for some reason, all media and political whip counts are calling them Undeclared. Thank them and encourage them to go ahead and publicly declare themselves a NO.

MONTANA
    Sen. Baucus (D)

NORTH CAROLINA
    Sen. Hagan (D)

NORTH DAKOTA
    Sen. Conrad (D)

UNDECLARED AND TOTALLY UNKNOWN

202-224-3121

WEST VIRGINIA
    Sen. Manchin (D)

You can download the mp3 AUDIO file here in a few seconds.
    http://rcpt.yousendit.com/1008999731/2c ... ed7745698a

Main points:

The Dec 14th call on the Dream Act 29:40 duration.
    6min 40sec in Sen. Durbin talks about bipartisanship, then blames the Republicans, twice, for obstructing the bill.
    8:03 Durbin says President Obama was on the phone making calls. He is committed to the Dream Act. Sec. Ken Salazar is also making calls, Janet Napolitano and Sec. of Ed. Duncan.
    9:20 Need Republican support. Don't have all the Democratic Senators.
    11:46 Sen Bob Menendez
    13:09 Menendez says, "They (the Republicans) have insisted on using the Senate rules..." (imagine that, using the rules)
    14:00 This is about what America is really all about.
    14:40 Service to the nation by intellectual capacity (?)
    17:22 Congressman Luis Gutierrez
    20:20 Going to stand up to people who hate and smear our kids
    21:41 Gabby Pacheco, student leader
    27:21 Carla Resendez just graduated from Univ of Texas, Austin with a Dr. in Pharmacy and can't practice because she needs the Dream Act.
    28:08 Sen. Durbin, "Some people on the Republican side are trying to slow us down. They say, 'We want you to read these bills." Which they can ask you to do. One of these bills will take 15 hours to read. The other one a whole day to read...We're trying to persuade them to stop this, this obstruction to stop slowing us down..."

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    UNDECLARED BUT LEANING NO

202-224-3121

These Senators' staff continually tell our members that they will vote NO. But for some reason, all media and political whip counts are calling them Undeclared. Thank them and encourage them to go ahead and publicly declare themselves a NO.

MONTANA
    Sen. Baucus (D)

NORTH CAROLINA
    Sen. Hagan (D)

NORTH DAKOTA
    Sen. Conrad (D)

UNDECLARED AND TOTALLY UNKNOWN

202-224-3121

WEST VIRGINIA
    Sen. Manchin (D)
    The Pro-Dreamers are saying Conrad is a solid YES for the DA and they are pounding Baucus to get him to commit to a YES too.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson