Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Call Sennsenbrenner?

What is Sennsenbrenner's phone number in both Wisconsin and Washington? He is the head of some important House committee is he not? He must NOT buckle to Bush and the White House. We need to call him!
    The Democrats want to give the country away and the Republicans want to sell it?

He won't buckle.

Hastert is the one who needs to stay strong. He's the House Majority leader and he has said that he won't even bring the Senate bill to the floor for a vote because it's so flawed. He is the one we need to continue to call, and to voice our support to for his stand.

Who is in control?

Sensenbrenner is the chairman of the powerful judiciary committee and he crafted hr4437. He will not waiver. With the recent raid of Congressman Jefferson's office, strong arm tactics by Rove to sway the house to come to the Senate's side and Hastert's claim of bullying by Bush I think it has hardened the House's stance on illegal immigration. I don't think the administration will be able to rely on much support from the House. My concern is with a possible split in the conservative bloc ala Mike Pence but I am hoping Tancredo can convince him of the errors of his ways and bring him back into the conservative fold.

Tom can borrow my horsewhip if necessary.

MJ

Who is in control?

I was watching cnn interviewing with White House Counselor Dan Bartlett. As with previous interviews this guy just like the administration just doesn't get it. He was spouting the usual Bush rhetoric which shows this horse's posterior of a president still is out of touch with the view of the majority of Americans. A statement from Sensenbrenner read to Bartlett stated more or less it will be a cold day in hell before the House passes an amnesty measure and he wants a firm commitment from the administration that they are serious about border security FIRST. Bartlett said the president is serious about border security with only a 6000 man guard unit in an adjunct capacity on the border and 4000 - 7000 illegals crossing the border everyday. Bartlett as usual danced around the subject as all illegal alien advocates do and couldn't give a straight answer when asked why doesn't the administration see what the American electorate is demanding?

IMPEACH BUSH!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kele
    He won't buckle.

Hastert is the one who needs to stay strong. He's the House Majority leader and he has said that he won't even bring the Senate bill to the floor for a vote because it's so flawed. He is the one we need to continue to call, and to voice our support to for his stand.
    No, he won't give in to pressure, another good American, we need more like him
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson