Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Call, write and fax ICE/OSHA...then REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT!

They've heard us! And now's the time to step up our "community watch"! It's time to hold these cheating, un-American businesses to task! Let's do the same things to ICE/OSHA's phone, fax and mailboxes that we did to Congress!

Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

I have been trying to work with the states' Construction Contractors Board or Builders Boards in this area. They do have a system for reporting unlicensed contractors. The receptionist was helpful in pointing out what types of contracting need to be licensed as opposed to those which do not. She also did a search of business names to make sure that the business was not already registered.

It would be easy for someone wanting to inform to make an error and report a company that is properly licensed. This could cause a wild goose chase of sending a state employee after a business that is legitimate, taking time away from needed enforcement, so please be careful to get the actual facts. Information they asked for: name of company, site of work, type of work being done (to see if it is covered), whether the business was simply delivering equipment or materials vs. actually performing the work.

The builders boards can levy some pretty hefty fines, up to $5,000, in this area. I don't know what they do if these are not paid. I'm sure these laws have a lot of potential teeth in them. Establishing the case properly, being respectful with the state or local regulators, realizing that prosecutors often prioritize their case load, etc. require a measure of patience. But this is how our society puts a stop to criminal activity.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)