Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can the military protect our border?

With dwindling recruitment numbers,active members on duty in over 120 countries around the world,and doing security guard work for Iraq,the Balkans,Israel,Colombia,the Phillipines,Japan,South Korea,Taiwan,Kuwait,and anyone else who wants us there (except most African states),can we expect for any help on the border from the US Military any time in the next 5 years?
    We've already hinted at policing Gaza.We're already in the Phillipines engaged in in anti-terrorist maneuvers.As Colombia nears a border war with Venenzuela we have a growing number of military personell there in Colombia,2 who were caught smuggling weapons into Colombia today.Japan and South Korea are shaking in their boots over North Korea.We're committed to them.Same thing with Taiwan-we're commited to them.We're no longer committed to us.We worry about what may happen abroad and yet what IS happening here at home is not being addressed.One reason we no longer have the backup that we used to around the world is because these other countries are smart enough to put themselves first.
    Gangs are more succesfull recruiting our youth than our military is now,even though both are equally dangerous choices. and most law enforcement is overwhelmed with crime,especially where in contact with illegal aliens.Is there a real way to protect the borders until we can get more help with the problem?

National Guards....and adding state police border control units. Together with some volunteer or citizen paid groups to watch and guard the border could do alot! Most of the issue I believe is getting the message to the citizens of Mexico to let them know we're going to start enforcing the law...let them know there will not be jobs for them; shut these illegal job networks down; let them know that they will not be able to tap into benefits; let them know that they can not attend colleges and universities here; let them know they can not send their children across the border to attend K-12; let them know they can not send their sick to our hospitals; let them know that to cross that line called the border, they must already have papers and be approved to enter the United States.

That alone will go a long ways towards ending this crisis and if they know there are guards on the border, most won't come.

Then the Border Control can work with the National Guard, State Police and citizen groups to catch the drug runners and shut them down.

I know it's not going to be easy, but the easiest thing to do is announce that we are going to start enforcing immigration law....all the immigration laws.

Just that one step would probably cut it in half and drop the flow by 50%.

The guards just being there will drop it probably another 25%.

Then the hard work will be the last 25%.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

National Guard is used up overseas now.Can't keep Iraq without them.

I think there are enough National Guard units in border states to accomplish the task of securing the border. The most important part of that task would be to erect a physical barrier. The fence along the border now does nothing at all to deter anyone from simply walking across. Once a fence is up, which could be done quite quickly if it were actually a priority, it would take far fewer resources in manpower, vehicles and equipment.

My greatest concern is about the drug traffickers and human smugglers. The effect it would have on their 'businesses' could certainly make them take some drastic measures.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by rickesteves

Don't you think that was intentional? I do. I wondered at the time that they were deploying why the NG was mostly being sent to Iraq from border states. The NG is not supposed to be fighting wars...they're for our homeland defense.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    Don't you think that was intentional? I do. I wondered at the time that they were deploying why the NG was mostly being sent to Iraq from border states. The NG is not supposed to be fighting wars...they're for our homeland defense.

RR
    very true.

As I have said in other posts... the solution is to crack down hard on those who employ illegals, making it cost them so much that the incentive to hire illegals is removed. If they cannot find jobs, they will stop coming.

Don't you think that was intentional? I do. I wondered at the time that they were deploying why the NG was mostly being sent to Iraq from border states
    ***Actually, THANK BILLY CLINTON for decimating our military long before Bush took office
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ok. Thank you Bill Clinton....

How's that?

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast