Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can Obama be stopped from expanding his kingdom with his pen and his phone?

American Family Association
    By Tim Wildmon, AFA President

The danger is quite severe. The problem with what the president is doing is that he’s not simply posing a danger to the constitutional system. He’s becoming the very danger the Constitution was designed to avoid. That is the concentration of power in every single branch.Turley, a liberal, noted that he voted for President Obama.
    Can Obama be stopped from expanding his kingdom with his pen and his phone?

With three years left in his presidency, Barack Obama is already, in many ways, a “lame-duck.” This is a year earlier than most presidents who serve two terms.

Obama was able to convince a majority of Americans he was better than Mitt Romney, but now, because of a series of damaging self-inflicted events and, quite frankly, lies such as “if you like your insurance and doctor you can keep your insurance and doctor,” the likelihood of his being able to get legislation through Congress is slim. That’s the good news.

However, Obama has a “king complex,” thus, he has vowed to use “a pen and a phone” to advance his agenda meaning more executive orders in order to bypass Congress. He’s not big on the constitutionally prescribed separation of powers. No president in recent history has done more to expand the power of the executive branch of the federal government than has Obama. Whatever your political persuasion, this is not good for our constitutional republic.

It’s interesting that this unconstitutional power-grab by the president is being pointed out by people, to their credit, who are identified with the political left. In early December, noted law professor Jonathan Turley, who teaches at Georgetown University, appeared before congress and was questioned about Obama changing laws without going through Congress. Here was an exchange between Turley and Congressman Bob Goodlatte:

REP. BOB GOODLATTE (R-VA): Professor Turley, the constitution, the system of separated powers is not simply about stopping one branch of government from usurping another. It’s about protecting the liberty of Americans from the dangers of concentrated government power. How does the president’s unilateral modification of act of Congress affect both the balance of power between the political branches and the liberty interests of the American people?

JONATHAN TURLEY: Thank you, Mr. Chairman. The danger is quite severe. The problem with what the president is doing is that he’s not simply posing a danger to the constitutional system. He’s becoming the very danger the Constitution was designed to avoid. That is the concentration of power in every single branch.

Turley, a liberal, noted that he voted for President Obama.

What Obama has been doing with Obamacare is taking White House white ink and changing dates of implementation because he feels like it. The problem is he does not have the authority to do that. The dates are part of the Affordable Health Care Act more commonly known as Obamacare. If he wants the dates changed he is supposed to go to Congress and appeal to them to change the law which he can then sign.
    In addition to Turley’s warnings that Obama is acting lawlessly, we have this from editorial editor of the New York Times no-less, Jill Abramson: “I would say it is the most secretive White House that I have ever been involved in covering, and that includes – I spent 22 years of my career in Washington and covered presidents from President Reagan on up through now, and I was Washington bureau chief of the Times during George W. Bush’s first term.

“I dealt directly with the Bush White House when they had concerns that stories we were about to run put the national security under threat. But, you know, they were not pursuing criminal leak investigations. The Obama administration has had seven criminal leak investigations. That is more than twice the number of any previous administration in our history. It’s on a scale never seen before. This is the most secretive White House that, at least as a journalist, I have ever dealt with.”

We will now see if anyone can stop Obama from expanding his kingdom with his pen and his phone.

Please share this article with others!

http://www.afa.net/lameduck.aspx
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MARK LEVIN: we are witnessing a silent coup against the American people as Obama

Mark Levin opened his show today livid over Obama’s announcement that he will ignore the legislature and use his pen to write executive orders. He says the separation of powers are the key to our Republic and yet today Obama just announced that he would assume lawmaking powers via executive orders.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn