Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What would you do in Irak?

Hunter: Metions his two sons who are serving in Irak. (Applause)
    Says that the surge is working (Applause)

Giuliani: Mentions that the final strategy is to make Irak an ally.
    Says Dems are going to hurt us if we run away from Irak.
    War is not a guarantee, but lets give it a chance.

McCain: Because we are succeding we must stay. I was the only one to say that we must stay in Irak. Our new strategy will work. Panders that green card soldiers are sacrifiying for victory.

Huckabee: We must stay because we are winning. We must stay because terrorists will fill the void if we leave.

How long should we stay in Irak?

Romney: We must stay in Irak because we shouldn't let Irak become Afganistan with the Taliban. Iraki lives are at risk if the terrorists rule.

Thompson: Irak and Afganistan is part of the islamic facists state. If we leave, they will recruit more terrorists.

Paul: We must bring the troops home. (Applause/boos)
    We must not meedle in other country's affairs.
    Other candidates do not see the light at the end of the tunnel. (BIG APPLAUSE). What we can't get with war, we will get with peace.

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    Am listening to the debate but don't speak Spanish. Judging from the applause, the audience is liking what they are hearing.

The least they could do is have English questions and answers across the screen. We should sue...........a presidential debate the majority of American's can't understand!!!! DISCRIMINATION, UNPATRIOTIC, UNAMERICAN.

"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    Yeah, isn't this just UNBELIEVABLE-----that there are not even English subtitles.

This makes me want to vomit!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

It's just weird to watch this. I feel like I'm watching some futuristic movie. This is just wrong....plain wrong.

I sent the link to my entire e-mail list and asked everyone if one of them could think of one good reason to hold a debate in Spanish.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

This is very fustrating not being allowed to hear the questions and comments by the candidates. The majority of the main stream American media is week and often has little quality standards or entegrity, but the Spanish language news has even less.

I live in Los Angeles and occasionally one sees first hand how bad the Spanish language news is. That is why our mayor Tony Villar prefers Spanish Language reporters, Their questions are softer on him, To prove my point they are probably totaly incapable of reporting on the adverse impact the illegal invasion or any commentary showing our point of view. By the way mayor Villar (member of MECHA) was cheating on his wife with one of their star reporters Marthala Salinas.

It is also widley known that the majority of the audience of the Spanish language media are illegal aliens, and to keep them entertained they have to pander to them, tell them how important and wonderfull they are.

Bottom line it saddens me to see our politicians speaking in a forum where all Americans can not understand what is being said. I feel totally shut out, and unwelcome. As we all know naturalized citizens have to show fluency in English. A debate exclusively for one ethnocentric group seems totally un-American in my book.

I believe this is all a part of the big picture for a divided America. Calderon coming here in February to put his 2 cents in just before our election. Why should there even be a reason for a Presidential debate in Spanish? I am just sick about all of this.

Is there anyone who can tell us what was asked? Does anyone know of any web pages that would let us know?
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    Is there anyone who can tell us what was asked? Does anyone know of any web pages that would let us know?
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction ... log_id=867

The transcript is on Gomer's website, but you might have to take a shower after clicking on the link.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast