Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can someone tell me??

Can someone tell me why seniors are excluded from tax rebates?
    Our income is taxed, we pay....what are we, chopped liver?????
    Oh, we're legal.....major disadvantage.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

In the case of this "stimulus" bill, it's becasue they did not consider Social Security or Disability as "qualified earnings".

Let me see, seniors and the disabled can spend money just as good as I can, isn't that the point of dumping this money into the public's hands? In most cases, they need it worse than the average Joe.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

2 comments:

1. Seriously, and most constructively, ask your US Senator and US Representative this question. After all, they are the ones that write and/or sign-off on the laws that include or exclude you.

2. On the basis of the policy rationale.... the reasoning that is most cited for similar decisions is that the tax 'refunds' are supposed to be targeted toward those people actually paying income tax.

The basic idea is that since most retired seniors are not working and thus paying taxes (but rather, consuming them). I happen to not agree with this particular philosophy for a number of reasons. A very basic and simple reason - is that those seniors are VERY LIKELY to spend the money and much of that spending is nearly guaranteed to be done in a way to benefit the local economy more than a lot of other people. The economic 'purists' typically won't like such thing as it can be thought of as an unearned benefit (of course, that view would require a person to overlook decades of work most retired folks accomplished prior to receiving this overly generous retirement benefit too )
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    It is ridiculous to me. I understand the premise in allowing people with children to claim their kids and get most, if not all back, depending on income, but why not have some kind of tax breaks also for people who have given many years of work in this country to make it what it is now?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the replies. I have sent my questions to my reps and senators
    and will follow up with calls tomorrow. I was missing the rationale for
    such a thing especially after hearing about even the consideration of
    giving $$ to illegals!!!!

Hmmm......we file and pay income tax, raised and are educating our
    grandson. Hmmm....we are chopped liver!!!!! Really mad chopped liver!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!