Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Can the supreme court issue a ruling on their own?

Most cases that come before the court have spent years going through appeals processes

My question is , can the court take up an issue on their own?

Obviously the 14th needs to be re interpreted, it is wrong
    Could the court do this without going through all the other BS?

Far as I know the SC can't take up an issue on there own. At best the issue can be requested to be expedited by the Justice Department or another group but generally such requests are denied hands down unless pushed by the Justice Department or the Executive Branch asking for the SC to hear the case.

Further more if it was possible it would need a majority of judges willing to hear the case and most would rather avoid the issue unless its forced into their lap.... same goes for any politically hot issue. Now while the Judges are there for life most hold fairly strong political views especially on the liberal side of the bench which tends to usually be bending laws in place generally more conservative type laws. A Judge wouldn't want to take up a case that could throw the party they support into hot water... we can see this clearly in the SC's refusing to take up Obama's Eligibility as it would throw the DNC into boiling water and numerous RINO's and leadership of the GOP into hot water as well. They know full and well if the political powers that be come to an end and a major sweep comes through the next major batch could change the playing field majorly such as holding Judges accountable for decisions, make them have to be elected, or only be able to serve short terms.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012
    They know full and well if the political powers that be come to an end and a major sweep comes through the next major batch could change the playing field majorly such as holding Judges accountable for decisions, make them have to be elected, or only be able to serve short terms.
    4yr. term limits for judges! That would be good! We could cleanup this mess!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    I firmly believe the higher federal judges should be non partisan positions

I also agree with Steve , no more life appointments , 4 years max

I hope this article might help some.
    IDs http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=284529#ixzz1JWCRR5Kl

WND Exclusive LAW OF THE LAND
    Shocker! On his own, judge demands homeschool student IDs
    Issues order for attendance officers to provide names, addresses
    Posted: April 07, 2011
    8:12 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2011 WorldNetDaily

A Mississippi state judge has issued an order to public school attendance officers in his judicial district to provide the names of all homeschoolers there, prompting alarm at the Home School Legal Defense Association, which fights for the rights of homeschooling worldwide.

The order apparently is because the judge himself wants the information, as there appeared to be no case, motion or dispute prompting the request.

-----------------------------------------------------

If a Judge can, on his own, demand home school IDs, then I don't see why a Judge(s) can't take up issues on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    I firmly believe the higher federal judges should be non partisan positions

I also agree with Steve , no more life appointments , 4 years max
    I guess the consern over a "conflict of interest" only applies to those called in for jury duty.
    ------------------------