Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can We "Self-Deport" NAFTA? H.Con.Res. 22

The Mexican Truck Pilot Program debate on the floor of the U.S. Senate raised even more troubling concerns about the real motivations behind NAFTA. In arguing for the program, TX Sen. John Cornyn referred to NAFTA as a "TREATY obligation", and, more ominously, stated, "NAFTA is now the law of the land"!

We know that the North American Free Trade Agreement was "sold" to a reluctant U.S. public only as an "agreement" rather than a formal "treaty" because, under our Constitution, a treaty requires the approval of two-thirds of the U.S. Senate to be ratified rather than the simple majority they were able to muster to pass it. NAFTA is NOT "a treaty"!

I have read that the primary reason the leaders of the three nations have been moving forward so quickly to implement the "Security and Prosperity Agreement" (SPP) in secret to "merge the government fucntions" of the three nations together is that they are afraid that if any parts of NAFTA are questioned publically, it will fall apart completely! Evidentally the agreement among the three governments is that fragile in practice!

Sen.Byron Dorgan (D-ND) has proven an extremely effective legislative leader in defeating S. 1639 and, last night, the Mexican Pilot Truck Program! On Jan. 10, 2007, Sen. Virgil Goode (R-VA) introduced a "House Concurrent Resolution" (H.Con. Res. 22) which would express "the sense of Congress that the PRESIDENT should provide NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL of the UNITED STATES from the North Ameican Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)."

Perhaps passage of such a resolution, and actually requiring our elected officials to just remove us from NAFTA as a "failed trade experiment" is not "an impossible dream"! Look at the overwhelming Senate vote last night defeating the Administration's Mexican Truck Project! I plan to write Sen. Dorgan and ask if he will please consider leading the Senate effort to bring Rep. Goode's H. Con. Res. 22 to the forefront, and work toward its passage. Please consider writing your Representative requesting that he/she co-sponsor and support Rep. Goode's H.Con.Res. 22.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And what are the American public getting out of this deal? Better drugs?

Good point. All of these free trade measures are "agreements" rather than treaties. NAFTA, CAFTA, GATT, and the WTO -- NONE are treaties, or have "treaty" in there title's. LOL GATT is extra ambiguous -- "general agreement." They are all "agreements." As opposed, to say, NATO -- North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Which I believe did pass the House and Senate alomst unanimously.

They know they can't get that kind of success with the free trade agreements, so they are circumventing the constitution and the American people. Just like "fast track authority." The power of trade with other nations has been taken out of the hands of where it belongs and where the constitution intended -- the people who elect congress.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Please consider writing your Representative requesting that he/she co-sponsor and support Rep. Goode's H.Con.Res. 22

YES! Consider it done!

I'll contact my reps and take any other steps needed. Although its supporters would like us to believe so, it's not "an impossible dream".

On a related note, I saw that officious jerk, Mexican ambassador Arturo Sarukhan, on tv yesterday chastising the US for not encouraging a more "synergistic" relationship with Mexico. He warned that we should "be careful what you wish for", i.e. successfully deporting illegals will be our downfall. He sees this window of opportunity----LIMITED TIME OFFER, FOLKS!--- for us to benefit from the Mexican invasion before the inevitable aging of that youthful population, and the decline in birthrates. It reminded me of Bin Ladin's Islam sales pitch: convert now for the low price of a 2% yearly charitable donation and no taxes.

Perhaps US CITIZENS could actually have more children if illegals weren't here reaping the benefits of OUR hard work. Right now what AMERICAN CITIZEN can afford to have more than 1-2 children? If we should need help we're denied medi-cal and other social services that are given without question to illegals and their anchor babies. So Mexico take back your citizens and us AMERIcAN CITIZENS will gladly have more kids we can send send to school where they teach english, afford health insurance for them, and be able to afford to send them to college because lord knows OUR kids get pushed aside when it comes to student aid because how can we compete with someone who gets paid under the table, pays no taxes, and teaches their kids to live off of welfare their whole life?

Can We "Self-Deport" NAFTA? H.Con. Res. 22

You make a good point, Gemini! I have read that the primary reason for the declining birth rate among Germans is attributed to the extremely high cost of education in Germany, especially for providing one's child a university education. This does not seem a problem for the descendents of Germany's original "guest workers" from the Middle East, who fill its schools, refuse to learn German or adopt German culture, and continue having both high birth and school drop-out rates.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The "trojan horse" has opened its doors, and we need to fight. I never thought that I would see the day that we would have to defend our way of life with a president. I am ashamed at this president, who I originally supported, and took a beating for from friends. Conquistador Bush needs to be stopped, if he likes Mexico so much, then retire, and say there! Keep up the good work everyone. Lets keep America RED, WHITE, AND BLUE, not RED, WHITE, AND GREEN.