Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Now, in talking to some of my int'l friends, I'm hearing that many of the application development teams in India are outsourcing THEIR jobs- to China, and to Russia.
    This is really scary to me. My job was outsourced to India. I am not IT. I am/was a title examiner. That is the person who searches property history for title insurance. One of our most important tools for deciding if a judgment attaches to the property is something we refer to as an SI (statement of information). With so many people having similar names, we needed to determine if this was our party.an SI includes information like Birth date, Mothers maiden name, former marriages, social security no., addresses for the past 10 years ect Nice to know it could be going to CHINA OR RUSSIA. No wonder Identity Theft is on the rise. I would love to know if this is how illegals get their false documentation. Do they buy it from India or China?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That is scary, and for a time my mortgage company was using Indian tech support. Once their collections dept called me by mistake, about a payment I had already made. The Indian guy apologized, saying he could see my check had been received - and rattled off my bank and account number to prove it! So, they definitely had my bank account info, and also my SSN (for account lookup).

The pendulum is indeed swinging, however. I recently had to call IBM on a warranty issue, and was passed around to several different areas. A recorded voice on the phone repeated told me the geographic location I was being transferred to, and it was always in the US, and nobody with any accent answered the phone.

Cayla, you also made a good point: it's not just IT jobs in danger. People outside of IT took a long time to realize that. It made me wonder just what an American was supposed to aspire to do for a living in their own country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cayla, you also made a good point: it's not just IT jobs in danger. People outside of IT took a long time to realize that. It made me wonder just what an American was supposed to aspire to do for a living in their own country.
    Since my job went to India, I am having real problems finding decent employment. My lack of SPANISH has far out weighed over 25 years in the business. I can't even say I will flip burgers when the unemployment insurance runs out because I don't speak Spanish. It is one of the reasons my husband and I are looking at relocating.

Oh I am not posting this out of bitterness against my old company (though I admit there is some). I basically want to warn people about this. Last I heard 3/4 of the title companies in California have outsourced their plants.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You could also try going back to school and applying for financial aid. It racks up a big - but low interest - debt and I survived on financial aid for a short while when I was laid off. Yes, it is VERY hard to get back in the saddle after a layoff any more.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think this will hurt Canada this equal US dollar Canadian dollar. Why? 5 to 10 years ago the Canadian dollar was worth like .55 cents to the US dollar. Many US companies like GM invested in Canada because of this exchange rate and the cheaper costs with socialized medicine. Take away this favorable exchange rate and I think investment will dry up in Canada.
    That's what happened to my manufacturing job in 1998. I've gotten by on a third of what I used to earn all these years since. All that I used to spend hasn't gone into our economy all that time. That has to show up somewhere.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12