Can't defend a failed ideology

Published: July 6, 2011

These past few days the readers of Hernando Today have been subjected to the specious rantings of the Democratic Operative Party and their progressive and liberal allies attacking Gov. Rick Scott. The one particular line I love is, "Where are the jobs?"

To these Democrats and their allies, I would ask the question: "Why don't you ask President Barack Obama where the jobs are?" He has been in office two and half years compared to Rick Scott being in office for six months.

Where are these so-called "shovel-ready jobs" the president mentioned? Oh wait, he recently said at a meeting, and I quote: "Those shovel-ready jobs weren't as ready as we thought."

These same people then attack the governor on the cuts to education. Here is some interesting information to share with everyone. Did you know that the United States is second highest spender on education after Switzerland in the world and South Korea and Japan are amongst the countries that spend the least amount on education? With all that money we spend, how come our students do so poorly compared to other countries? The answer lies with parental involvement and school administrators who will do their jobs.

But perhaps the most jaw-dropping comments I have heard from the Democrats is awful; it is that Republicans go after illegal immigrants. Well, that is because they are illegal, my fellow Americans. They don't belong here. They are stealing services from those citizens in need. They are in essence thieves.

This is not a race issue, so please don't write in calling my comments racist. I don't care where you come from, but if you came into my country illegally, you don't belong here. You broke the law. You're a criminal!

One would think unions who supposedly stand for the rights of American workers would stand against illegal workers, but strangely they don't. So much for being for the American worker.

You can attack Gov. Scott all you want, but the truth is you can't defend your ideology. It is a failed ideology that has left many states and cities in this country on the brink of ruin.

Peter Stathis

Spring Hill

www2.hernandotoday.com