Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Incredible! If I didn't know better, I would think this is an episode of the Twilight Zone. This madness MUST stop!

I can't say anymore.

Welcome, alleycat!

Quote Originally Posted by GOSCOOTIN
    That is a can of $hit. Don't they have a lawsuit now? And what about the people they need to yell to so they get out of their homes? They aren't going to understand Spanish. This is wrong in so many ways!
    I could not agree more. But wait folks! it gets better. Who will lead these Spanish speaking crew leaders, you guessed it, a Spanish speaking boss. So pretty soon the people who made this rule will be out of a job too. And you won't be safe if you do know Spanish -remember the guy being evicted because the landlord wants a Latino business in his place? I bet he never complained as more and more Latinos moved in, and all his English speaking business neighbors moved out. Yet the Latino community seems to have a problem with the lone American. Go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Do you know why Brit Hume had the story posted? Did he do some kind of follow-up?
    I have no idea, Jean--it was just in his Political Grapevine column today. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292334,00.html

Burning Issue

There is an urgent need for firefighters in the West to battle about two dozen major wildfires.

TheDenverChannel.com reports many of the new recruits are Hispanics who speak only Spanish. That means that some of the supervisors who speak only English are being laid off or demoted. In Oregon, a crew boss is required to be able to speak the language of the firefighters — even if it's only one worker on a 20-person crew. The state says the rule is necessary for safety reasons.

So why not require the workers to speak English? The state has no clear answer.
    Thanks, NCByrd, for sending to the senators--mine are going to hear from me, fer sure.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. I've been a lurker for months, just haven't posted up to now.

I am ready to let some steam off occasionally!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    This kind of thing pretty much is the typical in Oregon, where everything one would think is normal, is all bassackwards here!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'd just like to note that it is no easy feat to become a firefighter either - it's very competitive. Such noble and sought-after jobs should only go to real Americans that speak the language of their nation. What language do the victims of fires speak? I guess if it's english they're SOL??? What a bunch of crap!
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    I'd just like to note that it is no easy feat to become a firefighter either - it's very competitive. Such noble and sought-after jobs should only go to real Americans that speak the language of their nation. What language do the victims of fires speak? I guess if it's english they're SOL??? What a bunch of crap!
    I'm not educated on fire-fighting but I do know this. The Native Americans Tribes have been the most prolific in that job and their English speaking skills are superior to most illegals aliens. IMO

Those same illegals are the ones now stealing the American Indians seasonal jobs. The blacks are losing jobs, the natives are losing and, as we all know, middle-class Americans, of all cultures and nationalities are losing. Illegals are stealing our country, inch by inch.

Maybe it would be a good idea to let your local FD see this article to sorta let them know what could be in their future and to hopefully get some support for these guys out west from their brethren all over the country.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide
    Maybe it would be a good idea to let your local FD see this article to sorta let them know what could be in their future and to hopefully get some support for these guys out west from their brethren all over the country.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!
    My local FD is volunteer so illegals won't go near that! Like they would go out of there way to help another human being is funny! They are only here to take for them selfs and can careless about our jobs we lose, pays that are cut, taxes that are raising, hospitals that are closing, schools overcrowding, drunk driving accidents, slain Americans from gang violence, and did I miss anything?
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Texascowgirl, you are right, the forest firefighting is difficult to do. My brother went through training first and said they were really cautious about the new people.

On this subject. My parents lived in, and ran a bakery in a far Eastern Oregon town called Burns. This town is in the middle of nowhere basically, so when there had been a forest fire up in the mountains, the fire crews came to their town to get their sundries and food. She said that when these crews started being replaced with non-English speaking crews (illegals), she said all of the businesses had to watch them like hawks in the stores and shops, otherwise stuff would simply disappear.

She said one day this crew came in the morning for donuts and while the boss was standing there making the order, one of the illegal crew members was trying to walk out with a package of pastries off of thr shelf. She yelled "hey! you have to pay for that", and this guy turned around looked right at her, smiled and kept going. The boss turned on his heels, yelled, walked towards the guy, he handed the package over and walked out.

My parents told that crews boss that these guys could not come into their shop again, only the boss. He said it had been a problem elsewhere and understood, said he was sorry.

She said when they were last there, they still were not allowing these crews to come into the stores, more than two guys at a time. What a shame for the companies who hire them to have to treat them like juvenile delinquents, and now to be fired because these job thieves and criminally minded fire fighters refuse to learn English and simply want all they can get out of the deal.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast