Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

CAPS ALERT-VISAS

Take Action. Now!

Alert! House Leadership to Give 550,000 Jobs to Foreign Workers!

Even though the official unemployment rate climbed to its highest level in the last five years, Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA), the chair of the House immigration subcommittee, is seeking to add 550,000 green cards for foreign workers next year.

The Judiciary Committee may vote this week on HR 5882 to give hundreds of thousands more American jobs to foreign workers. The bill is packaged as a means of "recapturing" unused visas from previous years, but, in fact, unused visas already roll over to the following year. The legislation contrives a formula to double-count the unused visas by adding them to multiple categories to effect a huge total increase.

http://capwiz.com/caps/issues/alert/?alertid=11909301

Thanks for posting, I've sent a fax to my Rep. Partrick McHenry, NC
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Let's hope enough people will call and fax ..we need to speak out ...too many American jobs lost already.

Quote Originally Posted by working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Let's hope enough people will call and fax ..we need to speak out ...too many American jobs lost already.
    I've also called him and both NC menbers of the Congressional Judiciay Committee that is involved with this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    I called and faxed all the judiciary members yesterday and will do so again today

I called and faxed all the judiciary members yesterday and will do so again today
    Good Work!!!

Called Washington yesterday, e-mailed NC Congress, too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Oh we have many illegals! But the new fight which we must fight is legal immigration. Dear Lord Help Us!

The i-9's and the green cards are killing the jobs totally for Americans.

Where are the Americans working? Call your local Unemployment Office and ask what they are doing for businesses; they check out i-9s for the employers that should be hiring Americans.

Hate or Love a country? Is the question?
    http://tinyurl.com/5tv8k4

BALTIMORE -- A Snow Hill man will spend three years in prision for trying to bribe state and federal officals in a scheme that cluminated in raids on several Lower Shore businesses last fall.

Javed Iqbal, 40, was also given three years supervised release Tuesday for a racketeering conspiracy related to a scheme to bribe officials with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to illegally obtain green cards and the Maryland Comptroller's Office to receive abatement of state taxes, said officials from the U. S. Attorney for the District of Maryland.
    Related Post:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-131673.html

REMEMBER THIS BECAUSE THIS IS THE LOOPHOLE... ALL FOREIGNERS WANT I-9'S AND GREEN CARDS AND ETC. THEN THE AMERICANS JOBS ARE THEIR'S LEGALLY AND THE BABIES PRODUCED ARE AMERICANS?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    GOT TO GO STUDY MY SPANISH.

Re: CAPS ALERT-VISAS

Take Action. Now!

Alert! House Leadership to Give 550,000 Jobs to Foreign Workers!

Even though the official unemployment rate climbed to its highest level in the last five years, Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA), the chair of the House immigration subcommittee, is seeking to add 550,000 green cards for foreign workers next year.

http://capwiz.com/caps/issues/alert/?alertid=11909301
    I called Rep. Zoe Lofgren office directly today and told an aide that I was from Detroit and that unemployment in the city is over 12% (yes, that's true) and that Rep. Lofgren shouldn't be trying to engage the 550,000 green cards because we had many Americans out of work and we needed those jobs (even thought the subject was 'green cards', not jobs). He tried to bamboozle me with the statement that the green cards were needed to be "recaptured because of burocratic incompetance" (like there was some snafu they were merely "correcting") and I kept cool my and basically stated that they were not needed in the first place because we already had Americans who could take the job openings that were generated for the foreigners who were going to get these green cards. (This in their eyes, is changing the subject, and they are used to leading us around without us questioning anything). I think I touched a nerve, but he sounded friendly. He had obviously thought he won the argument because in essence the green cards were for foreign workers already accepted as recipients, but I managed to make him pause and think.

This is making me wonder. Why don't we all just call up the offices of those in Congress and tell them we do not need foreign replacement workers because with the unemployment rate being the way it is we already have Americans who can do those jobs. After, there is a bill in congress meant to grant another unemployment extension. Wouldn't Congress want to know that one way of reducing the costs of unemployed citizens might be to put them to work at the jobs which are being created for foreigners?