Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Catholic Church Launches New Campaign for Immigrants

Catholic Church Launches New Campaign for Immigrants
    Univision Online, Posted: Jan 06, 2009

MIAMI – With masses, prayers, lectures and discussions in churches across the country, the U.S. Catholic Church on Sunday launched a new campaign in support of immigration reform that includes a path to legalization, reports Univision. The initiative will culminate on June 10 with a request to the president-elect, Barack Obama, to encourage Congress to take up the issue this year. The Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) is also calling on the government to treat immigrants in the United States more humanely. Undocumented immigrants, they say, are one of the most vulnerable groups in American society.
    http://news.ncmonline.com/news/view_art ... ff47cf7529

The Catholic Campaign for Immigration Reform has its own website, "Justice for Immigrants", www.justiceforimmigrants.org/ , where the reader's support for and action on Comprehensive Immigration Reform is solicited at the top of the homepage. A "Contact Us" page is available by scrolling to the bottom of the page.

The official website of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops is www.usccb.org/ Contact forms are available at the websites of individual Bishops, listed both by name and by diocese (geographical location). The postal address of the USCCB is:

3211 Fourth Street
    Washington, D.C. 20017
    Telephone: (202) 541-3000
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Catholic Church Launches New Campaign for Immigrants

This reformed Catholic says, " Catholic churches can have ALL the illegal immigrants!
    In fact, the illegal immigrants can have the Catholic Church all to themselves.
    I have no problem with that!"
    Who wants either? They both carry harm to Americans and they both cost Americans money.
    Now the illegals with their donations to the church can also fund the refugees!
    Helping each other, isn't it great! I'm tearing up....
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

So I guess I'm a sinner and going to hell if I'm totally against the catholic church on the Immigration stance in their eyes huh??
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

The Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) is also calling on the government to treat immigrants in the United States more humanely.
    Excuse me dear Bishops, but the illegals are treated MORE humanely than American citizens and taxpayers. They get free healthcare, no income taxes, free schooling and even subsidies for rent and food for their US born offspring. I don't think Italy, the home of the Pope, is so accommodating.

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    So I guess I'm a sinner and going to hell if I'm totally against the catholic church on the Immigration stance in their eyes huh??
    Why don't they allow the immigrants to enter Vatican City with all of its walls?

the law does not provide for illegals to be in our American society. Period! Get that?

Why don't they allow the immigrants to enter Vatican City with all of its walls?
    Yea...Just like no illegals getting into the White House, Senate Building and the rest of the places where elitists are.
    I didn't leave the Republican Party. The party left me. Inspired by Ronald Reagan